Stressed Out Hair Week! - solutions?

Aug 7, 2007
It is performance week for the musical I'm in. My hair will be curled and messed with monday - saturday and I'm scared my hair will die!
I'm African-American with relaxed hair. I can't wash and style my hair ever day (it would fall out). I was suppose to get my hair done yesterday to get my ends trimmed so they wouldn't break off or anything, but they were closed! SO! Should I just get moisturizer and slather my hair in that?
I'm so clueless.
Help!

I suggest doing a deep conditioner, but add some honey to your mix (don't worry, it won't be sticky). Honey is a natural humectant and will help tremendously with dryness.

Also, is getting a weave an option for you? A friend of mine is an actress and this works best for her because she's on set mon-thurs and you can only imagine the stress her real hair would be under if it was messed with everyday. She's weaved up while taping and natural while on hiatus. Her hair is very healthy because of it.

DC-Cutie: Thanks. We weave might be too much right now. In a way, it would save my hair, but this is my last show.

I"ll try a deep conditioner. I've heard there are protein serums that I can put in my hair to help as well. That would work, right?

DC-Cutie: Thanks. We weave might be too much right now. In a way, it would save my hair, but this is my last show.

I"ll try a deep conditioner. I've heard there are protein serums that I can put in my hair to help as well. That would work, right?

I've heard about protein serums, but never used them, so I'm no good in that department.

Another suggestion on the protein front would be a protein treatment, such as Aphogee (http://www.aphogee.com/Two-Step-Treatment.aspx ). I use it about 2 times a year (and the Green Tea after every wash: http://www.aphogee.com/Keratin_Green_Tea Res.aspx ). It works, BUT you MUST MUST MUST follow the directions and be sure to use a moisturizing deep conditioner afterwards.

I don't have any for dry hair sorry. How about waiting for the week to be done with all the hair manipulation and the do a protein treatment, DC or whatever you choose.

There's a brand called Organic Root Stimulator, that I think is designed for afro hair but I use it on my European hair anyways!, but they do some amazing products. I particularly recommend the 'Olive oil replenishing pack' - a great hair mask! Also, there's an olive oil spray that is a great moisturising styling product. HTH

my advice is definitely check out Aussie 3 Minute Miracle deep conditioner. I bought it this week and am in love with it. its super affordable (got mine for two dollars and fifty cents) and you can buy it at drugstores, Walmart, Kmart, & the grocery store. It really works. btw, my hair is naturally almost black and its dyed light brown and then with blonde highlights on top of that AND i flat iron it a LOT. Lol.
products that work for me:

-Aussie 3 minute miracle deep conditioner
-Frederic Fekkai Protein RX hair mask
-either Morrocan Oil or Healthy Sexy Hair leave in with Aargon Oil
-Pureology Nanoglaze styling cream
-Pureology Smoothing Exilir http://www.pureology.com/systems/supersmooth/smoothingelixir makes hair super soft
-Actually from my experience anything Pureology makes leads to hair thats way more softer & healthy looking.

I've tried & tested all those. Obviously you cant use them all at once, but they all really helped my hair and theyre worth looking into during your one week of hair stress.

Also the Keratin treatment I got really really made my hair supersoft and shiny but if its just for one week you probably dont wanna spend two hundred and sixty dollars that the treatment cost me. LOL.

:smile:

Thank you everyone! The hair/makeup director stated that we don't need to curl our hair now, we'll have it in this bun-thing. That saves me so much. If anyone has any other suggestions, keep them coming!