Food Strawberry V Day Cupcakes - More Adventures in Frosting!!!

AAA07

True Gemini
Feb 29, 2008
Phoenix
Ah another holiday on the horizon. Time to bake!!! Well pink and red, hearts... hmmmm So I bought a package of strawberry flavored cake mix. I added a handful of smushed strawberries for "real" strawberry flavor and maybe a little added color. I used pink cherry flavor frosting. THe flavor is uh so artificial but I love it. I thought they came out nice. Hubby has to take them to work tomorrow because I cannot have these in the house!!!!

Attachments

elizat

Sep 21, 2007
Oh, those are cute! I actually always forget about strawberry cake. I am a fan, but never think to make it. I was going to make something for work tomorrow, but now I am too tired to do it. Your hubby's co-workers will be happy campers!

QueenOfDa702

Ma to the d@mn D-E-A
O.G.
Jan 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
They look great! I love cupcakes!

I totally feel you on not being able to keep them in the house! Out of sight out of mind lol!

tiny dancer

counting headlights
Jun 24, 2007
in my mind
Oh yum!!!
I love it when everyone gets in on any holiday festivity and whips up some magic in the kitchen! They look beautiful!
Thanks for the ideas!

luvsbags&shoes

Finally: My HG bag!!
O.G.
Sep 11, 2006
T.O. Canada
Mmm......They look so yummy. I would be able to finish all by myself within a few hours. There would be no way that I would have DH take those to work with him.

singtong

Apr 26, 2008
how do you make frosting? i want to make some pretty cupcakes for my sister's birthday next week and I find that cupcakes are always a sure thing, perfect every time!

AAA07

True Gemini
Feb 29, 2008
Phoenix
^ Well the frosting I used for these cupcakes was from a can - ready to spread. Frosting is easy - there are various recipes but basically it is butter powdered sugar and a little milk. Try recipes.com or google buttercream frosting... mmmm mouth is watering just thinking about it!