Straw Satchel

sheisgi

O.G.
Jan 22, 2013
How are you all feeling about the straw satchel or any of the straw bags? 23181 (straw satchel) has a nice slouch. I have a straw wristlet from a previous season. Does anyone have an extra straw bag? Do you love it?

Last edited:
I think the look is cute, but I have a friend that has a straw wristlet and it's so beat up because the straw breaks (she was rough on it though - so it's not necessarily a reflection on Coach's product). I'd just be too afraid to spend good money and have it fall apart.

I have two Coach straw totes I like to use during the summer. I think they are perfect with lighter summer clothing and sandals, etc. I haven't found the straw gets damaged easily, but I do store them carefully so the straw doesn't get crushed.

I have two Coach straw totes I like to use during the summer. I think they are perfect with lighter summer clothing and sandals, etc. I haven't found the straw gets damaged easily, but I do store them carefully so the straw doesn't get crushed.
That's what I was considering it for. A summer/summer vacay bag. It has the yellow leather and I thought it would be perfect for that.

I always say wear whatever you like... but in the case of straw bags, I just can't picture them for anyone but elderly ladies, like 70+.
I considered it would "age me" but I really think they're cute and I wouldn't carry everyday. We're headed to two beach vacays this summer not including the few day trips we usually make to Tybee Island.

I think the look is cute, but I have a friend that has a straw wristlet and it's so beat up because the straw breaks (she was rough on it though - so it's not necessarily a reflection on Coach's product). I'd just be too afraid to spend good money and have it fall apart.
That's the only issue I have with the specific one I'm looking at-price. At $398 (I know the leather drives it up) I could clear something else on my wish list that will be timeless.

How are you all feeling about the straw satchel or any of the straw bags? 23181 (straw satchel) has a nice slouch. I have a straw wristlet from a previous season. Does anyone have an extra straw bag? Do you love it?

Love the look of straw bags, but whenever I try one on I can't stand the feel of them against my skin.

nah, its not for me

I always say wear whatever you like... but in the case of straw bags, I just can't picture them for anyone but elderly ladies, like 70+.

I've just posted my opinions and pics about summery straw bags at the link below. I love them and I haven't had any damage with them but I have "shopped around" to get them at good prices - so I can indulge my fancy without guilt!
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/sh...s-burlap-beachy-bags-803874.html#post24011644

I have a straw tote that i love! It's not Coach..but it's adorable.... it's not falling apart...no straw is breaking..it's very well made. Oh....and I'm not close to the age of 70 and i rock that straw tote! It's a great summer bag! Wear what you like and enjoy....don't listen to nay sayers! Life is short..... get a straw tote and enjoy it!!!

Well, you learn something new everyday! I had no idea that straw bags were associated with older ladies!

Honestly, we need to get over this age stuff--! Coach's straw bags are stylish and a nice option for summer-for all ages!

Well, you learn something new everyday! I had no idea that straw bags were associated with older ladies!

Honestly, we need to get over this age stuff--! Coach's straw bags are stylish and a nice option for summer-for all ages!

LoL... i agree! And now thinking about it...i dont think I've ever seen an older woman with any kind of straw bag!!!!