Straps For Our Bags ..

holleigh

O.G.
Jun 25, 2012
Just thought this might be of use / interest ? have been in contact with a particular Ebay seller about having an "extension" strap piece made for one of my bags .. they have been amazingly helpful (it's not one of their "standard" items, it's a "custom" job) so I felt it'd be nice to pass their info' on as I know we (all) sometimes want extra / additional / replacement straps.
It's an American Ebayer & they are - valuebeltsplus xxHolls

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/valuebeltsplus/

Great idea, thanks for posting!
Could anyone understand why Mulberry insist on not selling spare straps? Many other high end designer brand sell them, and don't worry about "altering the design", the standard answer M gives when you ask for a spare strap.

.. as an up-date .. I put the order for my "custom" bit through at midday today & by 4pm I got an email saying it had been dispatched !! how's that for service then (mind you, how long it'll take to get here from the States & whether I'll have any customs to pay is another matter ) x

.. as an up-date .. I put the order for my "custom" bit through at midday today & by 4pm I got an email saying it had been dispatched !! how's that for service then (mind you, how long it'll take to get here from the States & whether I'll have any customs to pay is another matter ) x

It shouldn't take too long! I've had things as quickly as 5 days. :biggrin:

To complete the story - it's arrived today, so here in just on a week .. it's PERFECT, and the sellers even picked out a piece of vachetta that had "aged" in colour slightly as my bag is not a new one !!!

Very, very impresses with the service x

To complete the story - it's arrived today, so here in just on a week .. it's PERFECT, and the sellers even picked out a piece of vachetta that had "aged" in colour slightly as my bag is not a new one !!!

Very, very impresses with the service x

That's really helpful Holleigh, can you post us a pic, would love to see

Hi Girls,

I have a Del ray bag (Black) that I never use as it just has the short handles. Do you think it would work if I added a strap?? should I get two steps and attach it to the handle to make a shoulder bag??? Any advise would be great. Tks a mill.

couple of pics of the extension bit "in situ" - the leather will, over time, but I will use some cream to speed process up, colour down to match the older leather. the buckle on the right (thinner one) is the "new" buckle bit.

re a strap for the Del Ray - i'd be tempted to just use 1 strap I think .. have you got (or could you borrow) a couple of detachable straps from another bag (even from a piece of luggage, a laptop case etc) just to see how it would hang with one / two straps ? xx

strapextension003_zps5aa4650c.jpg

strapextension002_zpsecea2acc.jpg

couple of pics of the extension bit "in situ" - the leather will, over time, but I will use some cream to speed process up, colour down to match the older leather. the buckle on the right (thinner one) is the "new" buckle bit.

re a strap for the Del Ray - i'd be tempted to just use 1 strap I think .. have you got (or could you borrow) a couple of detachable straps from another bag (even from a piece of luggage, a laptop case etc) just to see how it would hang with one / two straps ? xx

strapextension003_zps5aa4650c.jpg

strapextension002_zpsecea2acc.jpg

Looks really good, thanks for posting a picture. I have a PS1 and find the strap too short for x body use. I do use an old Coach webbed strap on it but would much prefer an extension like this. I might contact them

Thanks for the update :goodpost::

Just thought this might be of use / interest ? have been in contact with a particular Ebay seller about having an "extension" strap piece made for one of my bags .. they have been amazingly helpful (it's not one of their "standard" items, it's a "custom" job) so I felt it'd be nice to pass their info' on as I know we (all) sometimes want extra / additional / replacement straps.
It's an American Ebayer & they are - valuebeltsplus xxHolls

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/valuebeltsplus/

I have bought a strap from this seller before, the quality was excellent and it was very, very cheap:smile:

.. found other ways of doing the "extension" thing ? (and can't think why it took me so long to think of them ?) .. buy a leather belt that's the right width & colour HW .. cut it down to the length you want, punch holes in it and .. sorted !!!!!!!! .. if it's silver HW you want, a no cut, no punch holes alternative is ... a 100% leather dog collar ( they mainly have silver HW) !!! xx

(also, this way if you buy a "nude" item for the extension, you can dye it to the specific colour if you want to match-up totally) x

I just saw a link on a click on my blog from another thread about adding a strap on a Bayswater. Well, I revisited that strap idea, but this time by using another strap from an old Mulberry scotchgrain bag. =D (Details on another post because I don't want to flood this thread with my craziness)

Attachments

• Mulberry Bayswater in Congo with a separate Mulberry strap - Mulberry Philippines.jpg
    Mulberry Bayswater in Congo with a separate Mulberry strap - Mulberry Philippines.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 248
Last edited: