Straps for Coach - crossbody style

Barefootgirl

Dec 30, 2011
My daughter is quite tall and loves the Kelsey bag, but of course, the crossbody strap is not adjustable, unfortunately.
Crazy question - are there any sellers of "after-market" straps in materials and colors that might go well with the bag itself? Coach strap knock-offs? does such a thing even exist? thanks

My daughter is quite tall and loves the Kelsey bag, but of course, the crossbody strap is not adjustable, unfortunately.
Crazy question - are there any sellers of "after-market" straps in materials and colors that might go well with the bag itself? Coach strap knock-offs? does such a thing even exist? thanks

You can try Mautto Handbags on Etsy. They also have their own retail site. I've not used them, but they have decent reviews for aftermarket straps and clips. Good luck!!

Reactions: Purse FanGirl
I just bought my first Coach crossbody and the strap was laughably short. I'm 5"10. I looked around some, ordered some 2" rings from mautto.com, attached them to the strap, and now it's the perfect length.

My daughter is quite tall and loves the Kelsey bag, but of course, the crossbody strap is not adjustable, unfortunately. Crazy question - are there any sellers of "after-market" straps in materials and colors that might go well with the bag itself? Coach strap knock-offs? does such a thing even exist? thanks

Thank you all. She wants the Prairie satchel in saddle with the silver trim...hoping to find something to match, will start searching.
http://www.coach.com/coach-prairie-satchel-in-polished-pebble-leather/34340.html?searchkeyword=PRAIRIE SATCHEL IN POLISHED PEBBLE LEATHER

It may be difficult to match the color and texture of the leather to make a new strap or extender, but you can try adding extenders to the hardware. See the nickel strap extenders sold by Silver Coach on ebay at the link below (NMA). The photo shown with the listing is for one 6-inch assembly but the description says that they can send you two 3-inch assemblies instead, which might work well with the prairie satchel.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-NICKEL-PE...N-BAGS-/321104681542?var=&hash=item76c4fd664d

Last edited:
I am getting a custom strap made for me by a leather worker on Etsy. She made my camera strap and it is just gorgeous. I am looking forward to getting it. My problem is that I am a bigger girl and most of those straps just aren't long enough for me to do cross-body. The strap I am having made will not be matchy matchy at all, in fact it will be a statement piece of its own. I think it will be cool. I plan to use it with many different bags but it will mainly be used with my DINKY.

Reactions: Hobbsy
I am getting a custom strap made for me by a leather worker on Etsy. She made my camera strap and it is just gorgeous. I am looking forward to getting it. My problem is that I am a bigger girl and most of those straps just aren't long enough for me to do cross-body. The strap I am having made will not be matchy matchy at all, in fact it will be a statement piece of its own. I think it will be cool. I plan to use it with many different bags but it will mainly be used with my DINKY.

I really do wish the Dinky straps were somehow adjustable... I have the opposite problem with mine, in that the bag hangs lower than I'd like it to (I'm really short).

Please post your strap when you get it. :smile:

I really do wish the Dinky straps were somehow adjustable... I have the opposite problem with mine, in that the bag hangs lower than I'd like it to (I'm really short).

Same here. I'm only 4 feet 11, and the strap is too long for me to wear crossbody. I would love to get one otherwise!

I've taken a few straps to my local cobbler and he's worked magic on them! You'd be surprised how skilled they are, shortening leather should be a piece of cake! :smile:

Reactions: Hobbsy