Straps for a Roxy

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi Girls, can you tell me what straps you are using on your roxy ? Are they leather or canvas? How much are they and will Mulberry just sell them to you??
    Bestest, Flossie

2. Hi Flossie.

My original plan was to get a Rosemary strap when I eventually purchased a Roxanne - they cost £90 but obviously can only be ordered in colours that the Rosemary originally came in. I was intending to get an olive Roxy at this point so that would have been fine.

I then decided to order the canvas messenger strap, having seen Goldfinch's, as I could use it on my oak Emmy as well as a Roxanne. I ended up getting the vanilla Roxanne and the match is perfect.

If you want a messenger strap, you need to order it as a replacement for a Seth :rolleyes: However, you should mention that you want the large buckle on it - the first one they sent me didn't have this and then they asked me to send in the damaged strap that I wanted replacing (whoops :shame:smile:

I hope Goldfinch doesn't mind me swiping her photo :flowers: but this is the strap I have, too:
    [​IMG]

It cost £50 including shipping.

3. Thanks ditab, I am going to keep my oak Roxy so will get a strap for it.Do they do them in darwin oak?

4. You could definitely get a Rosemary strap in oak darwin - but it's not long enough to be worn messenger style.

I don't think the messenger straps come in leather if that's what you're asking. I mean, some of the messenger bags *do* have leather straps, but they don't seem to fasten onto a D-ring iyswim.

If you check out the messenger bags on the website, you'll see that the oak bags come with brown straps nowadays, although previously they came with cream. I don't know if they do a canvas strap in oak colour.

5. I'll check them out, thanks.

6. Hi, I can totally recommend getting a strap - it gives you soooo much flexibility with your bags :biggrin: I use the strap in the pic above on my Rosemary and Ellison as well as on the lemon Brooke (I now have a vanilla Brooke on the way so will be able to use it with that one too), it's fabulous.

Some canvas straps come with a bit of leather trim in the same colour as the bag, so you need to watch out for that if you are ordering a "replacement" strap. I have a gorgeous black and cream stripey strap which came with my Ellison, but it has a bit of mustard coloured (light orangey tan) leather on it which means I can't use it with most other bags.

NB Having two Brookes means that I am going to experiment with linking the chains together to make an extra-long chain handle which I could theoretically use on other bags too - it'll either look rubbish or look cool, I am looking forward to trying it out! :biggrin: