strappy sandals

samiran212

Apr 8, 2008
i just bought these shoes and they are killing my little toe on both feet, is there anything i can purchase to ease this pain?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120309_231823.png
    ForumRunner_20120309_231823.png
    359 KB · Views: 495
If they are leather straps, you can buy some shoe stretcher spray ( basically aerosol isopropyl alcohol). Spray the inside of the straps you want to stretch and then wear them around the house for about an hour with thick socks - that should loosen it up a bit so it does rub you toe. You can also purchase some moleskin and cut to size and stick inside the strap to cushion so it doesn't rub your toe.

If they are leather straps, you can buy some shoe stretcher spray ( basically aerosol isopropyl alcohol). Spray the inside of the straps you want to stretch and then wear them around the house for about an hour with thick socks - that should loosen it up a bit so it does rub you toe. You can also purchase some moleskin and cut to size and stick inside the strap to cushion so it doesn't rub your toe.

shoe stretcher spray? Such a product exists? I wonder if this spray is readily available.....that might save me some time wearing my pumps and sandals with 5 layers of socks on. :biggrin:

OP: I have been in your situation a few times. I guess my advice is the same as everyone elses = get them stretched, wear them for awhile around your house with some thick socks or aren't there those little gel straps that you can affix to the offending strap to stop the painful digging and give you a bit of cushion?

There are products like this as well: http://www.drscholls.com/drscholls/productSearch.do?method=doProductDetailsLookup&searchArg=69

shoe stretcher spray? Such a product exists? I wonder if this spray is readily available.....that might save me some time wearing my pumps and sandals with 5 layers of socks on. :biggrin:

OP: I have been in your situation a few times. I guess my advice is the same as everyone elses = get them stretched, wear them for awhile around your house with some thick socks or aren't there those little gel straps that you can affix to the offending strap to stop the painful digging and give you a bit of cushion?

There are products like this as well: http://www.drscholls.com/drscholls/productSearch.do?method=doProductDetailsLookup&searchArg=69

Yes, shoe stretch liquid is available but I find it rather expensive. I use cheap whisky. Sometimes I just soak a pair of thick socks in it and wear the shoes around the house for couple of hours. Or if I have a specific are to treat I use an oral syringe from the pharmacy to moist just the desired area. Attention! If the shoes are velour, it may stain if you apply the alcohol at just one area!

shoe stretcher spray? Such a product exists? I wonder if this spray is readily available.....that might save me some time wearing my pumps and sandals with 5 layers of socks on. :biggrin:]

Yep, you can google it or look on amazon - I think the brand I have is Kiwi Shoe Stretch Spray and it is around $7-8. I usually spray the inside of my shoes, then put on some socks and walk around in them for 30 min to an hour. The alcohol helps loosen the leather up without being as messy.

I'm not sure what part of Canada you are in but at least in Toronto and most major cities there are tons of Moneysworth and Best stores where you can get it. I got this one it's like 5 dollars or something http://moneysworth-best.com/products/special-care/shoe-stretch-squeez-bottle/

I know there is one in the PATH near yonge and bloor and in the eatons center. It's work pretty well when I've used it.

I'm not sure what part of Canada you are in but at least in Toronto and most major cities there are tons of Moneysworth and Best stores where you can get it. I got this one it's like 5 dollars or something http://moneysworth-best.com/products/special-care/shoe-stretch-squeez-bottle/

I know there is one in the PATH near yonge and bloor and in the eatons center. It's work pretty well when I've used it.

Great!
Thanks for the info!
It just so happens that this info came at the right time to help my partner. He made the decision to wear brand new alan edmond dress shoes to a conference with me at parliament and....well let's just say it ripped his heels to crap and he was walking like frankenstein all day from the pain.

I'll be purchasing this item to help him out.

I couldn't help it, but I had to say at least once 'now you know how I feel with my shoes'. He wasn't as amused :P