Strap shortening and glue marks

i would love to do this on my town bags... but i'm worried that perhaps reselling the bag would be an issue down the line if i wanted to. has anyone encountered that?

I think any alteration has the potential to lower the value of the bag...however, the drop bucket is unusable for me with the current strap length so there's no option other than to sell and I love the bag. I'm going with the theory that if it's that much too long for me there'll be someone else out there who will ultimately be happy to have it with a shortened strap!

Much, i have another theory....... Haven't you noticed that those resale Drop Bucket's strap are usually not altered??

So im thinking, the reason of selling was mainly due to them hardly used due to it's length. For me, even at it's original shortest length, having it cross body was still a joke!

I have never regretted having mine shorten & due to the alteration, im loving it so much that i don't have an intention to sell it too. And like what you said, "there'll be someone else out there who will ultimately be happy to have it with a shortened strap!" ;)

i would love to do this on my town bags... but i'm worried that perhaps reselling the bag would be an issue down the line if i wanted to. has anyone encountered that?

I think any alteration has the potential to lower the value of the bag...however, the drop bucket is unusable for me with the current strap length so there's no option other than to sell and I love the bag. I'm going with the theory that if it's that much too long for me there'll be someone else out there who will ultimately be happy to have it with a shortened strap!

Much, i have another theory....... Haven't you noticed that those resale Drop Bucket's strap are usually not altered??

So im thinking, the reason of selling was mainly due to them hardly used due to it's length. For me, even at it's original shortest length, having it cross body was still a joke!

I have never regretted having mine shorten & due to the alteration, im loving it so much that i don't have an intention to sell it too. And like what you said, "there'll be someone else out there who will ultimately be happy to have it with a shortened strap!" ;)

Hmmm...I haven't altered mine yet and have just measured the strap drop. 21" at the shortest buckle setting, which for many would be fine as a cross body. I have no intention of wearing it as such (they give me massive neck pain) so I'm chopping off 14" to make a fine shoulder bag. I've measured it so my fingers will touch the bottom of the inside when I wear it as a shoulder bag. Sorry for all of the detail but I'm OCD...
My theory peace? People aren't willing to wait for that gorgeous leather to break in. I haven't seen a lot of them for sale pre-loved, but the ones I have seen look almost new. I want to bash mine around for while, I think it will soften and be glorious :loveeyes:

Looks like im a real shortie here .............. :shame:

Does wearing it cross body causes neck pain? I brought her to my Japan trip recently. When my left shoulder was aching, i wore it cross body so it would rest on my right shoulder (im used to having bags on my left side) and my left can rest! I also not a cross body person, only when necessary :P

What ever theory it is ..... we already gotten ours !!! :graucho:

Hmmm...I haven't altered mine yet and have just measured the strap drop. 21" at the shortest buckle setting, which for many would be fine as a cross body. I have no intention of wearing it as such (they give me massive neck pain) so I'm chopping off 14" to make a fine shoulder bag. I've measured it so my fingers will touch the bottom of the inside when I wear it as a shoulder bag. Sorry for all of the detail but I'm OCD...
My theory peace? People aren't willing to wait for that gorgeous leather to break in. I haven't seen a lot of them for sale pre-loved, but the ones I have seen look almost new. I want to bash mine around for while, I think it will soften and be glorious :loveeyes:

Looks like im a real shortie here .............. :shame:

Does wearing it cross body causes neck pain? I brought her to my Japan trip recently. When my left shoulder was aching, i wore it cross body so it would rest on my right shoulder (im used to having bags on my left side) and my left can rest! I also not a cross body person, only when necessary :P

What ever theory it is ..... we already gotten ours !!! :graucho:

For me, cross body equals neck pain. Too bad because it's a hands free way to go. But if you think about carrying a bag on one side all of the time it also creates issues. I agree with what you're saying, we should alternate the way we carry ours bags!