Strap on Darcey Satchel

The strap on my satchel has one end that points up and the other down ,meaning that where the strap buckles to adjust it one side goes down towards the bag while the other buckles with it sticking up towards my shoulder. Is this right? Shouldn’t they both point down?

The strap on my satchel has one end that points up and the other down ,meaning that where the strap buckles to adjust it one side goes down towards the bag while the other buckles with it sticking up towards my shoulder. Is this right? Shouldn’t they both point down?
It depends upon whether you are talking about the handle that is permanently attached or the longer shoulder or cross body strap which might have adjustable and removeable parts.
Which handbag style and which strap or handle are you referring to?

I think it's made that way so that the middle part of the long strap can be removed and you can make the bag a shorter shoulder bag. If the buckles were both in the same direction you couldn't attach the end pieces once the center section was removed. Hope this helps.
Yea after watching a few videos I did realize that it is made that way for just that reason thanks everyone for your replies