Strap for Roxanne - any ideas???

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Got my new Roxanne and i love it so much more than i thought and it doesnt seem too heavy! (will post pics) does anyone know of a strap that i can attach to her to carry across body? Many thanks

2. Hi, I once bought a strap for mine through customer services (UK) - it was about £50. But....when I took Roxanne to town and stopped by the Mulberry store, the SA commented on the strap as following;Roxanne is not designed for this, and damage to the bag as a result of using this strap is not covered by the warranty etc....I enclose a pic of the strap (it comes in different colours, also available in leather).
    Kris

Attached Files:

3. thanks kriscat - thats interesting - the strap looks perfect! Do you use it - has it done any damage that you can see?

4. Not anymore - sold my Roxanne a while ago....a new Roxanne A4 tote is on it's way, though! Used the strap for a while, couldn't see any damage.
    Kris

5. Etalb - I wanted a strap for my Rosemary bags and was told by the girls on here that Mulberry won't make a strap for people anymore, for the same reason as Kriscat said above.

One of the pfers uses a vintage camera strap for her Rosy - would that work for you? The straps are quite colourful so maybe not for everyone but it's a good idea if you like lots of colour!

6. a4 tote is gorgeous - do post pics !! many thanks i think i'll phone and see about strap

7. if that is the profile pic with fab rosemary and colourful strap- i would def use a camera strap as always look at the pic and think how lovely the oak and the strap go together - i will check it out - thanks !!!

8. #8 Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
    Kris, you sly cat had no idea you were getting a roxy tote :yahoo: Awesome!!

Really looking forward to seeing the pictures of it!

9. ^^will post pics when she arrives:smile:
    Kris

10. I'd definitely get the hump if someone made a comment like that to me. It's your bag - you're free to carry it however you choose. It's not like you were trying on a store bag with your own strap :shrugs:

I mean, have customers actually tried to return their bags because they've become misshapen after using a messenger strap??:faint:

11. This subject has been covered many times before - here is just one of the threads http://forum.purseblog.com/mulberry/aaaaah-mulberry-wont-let-me-buy-new-strap-348265.html.

Customer Services will no longer sell straps individually. They state that the Roxy is not meant to be carried by a shoulder strap because it causes the bag to sag badly in the middle and could, over time, ruin the shape and leather of the bag.

Your best bet - if you still want to use a strap on your roxy is to either get another bag which has a detatchable strap or use a guitar strap.

12. The mulberry manager in HOF told me that it was fine to carry the roxanne by a strap, and it shouldn't effect the bag at all (i had asked her the same question)

try looking on ebay for a camera strap, some of these look really good!

13. i can definitely recommend using a camera strap, i've never used my rosy without it! :heart: the patterns of those straps go really well with oak :yes:

THANK YOU SO MUCH! i've been looking for a thin black leather strap for my brooke for winter, because the chain is too short for my coat :tup::tup: