Strap Cracks - Beginning of the End?

I am looking to buy my first Goyard piece (Anjou GM) second hand. I do not have a store near me to try on and I am not a fan of the store credit only return policy if I was to receive it and not be 100% happy. Do any of you happen to know if the same repair services can be offered to second hand items or do you have to show proof of purchase? I know that the handles will need to be replaced in due time. Thank you!
I believe that they require proof of purchase/do not want to touch bags purchased secondhand. Can anyone else confirm for certain? I haven’t looked into this for a while, so things could have changed.

Goyard wanted my proof of purchase (scanned/photographed of receipt) before they allowed me to send the bag in for review.

I lost my receipt and had to get the Bal Harbor boutique to email me a purchase record all while wondering…

”Goyard US corporate! You have my full name, purchase date, and purchase location…you can find my purchase record!”

Mine is experiencing this too. Melted glaze and a ruined linen shirt later, they asked for a receipt which i dont have. Hopefully I can get this repaired.

They confirmed April 21 that they have received it in NY and I am awaiting their evaluation. I’ll be visiting in June so I’m hoping to be able to pick it up then - repaired! I’ll update when I hear back.
I asked Goyard for a response yesterday (May 10) as I will be going to NY in mid June and would like to pick it up and avoid possible customs charges having it shipped back to Canada.
Received a response today -
“Your item has been evaluated and approved for an exceptional repair. Upon evaluation, we have determined the necessary interventions below:
Change Handles - $320

Shipping (2 way) – $145

3-4 weeks to repair.”

I am not happy. I will not be giving Goyard any more money for their products. I asked why I needed to pay to have a defective product repaired, will update on their response.
I will pick up the purse and resell as is, though I know I won’t get much for it now - think I am done with Goyard! I feel this is very cheeky - either it’s defective and they should repair for free, or it’s not defective and any repair will only last for a few months because of user error?

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Cali2HI
I asked Goyard for a response yesterday (May 10) as I will be going to NY in mid June and would like to pick it up and avoid possible customs charges having it shipped back to Canada.
Received a response today -
“Your item has been evaluated and approved for an exceptional repair. Upon evaluation, we have determined the necessary interventions below:
Change Handles - $320

Shipping (2 way) – $145

3-4 weeks to repair.”

I am not happy. I will not be giving Goyard any more money for their products. I asked why I needed to pay to have a defective product repaired, will update on their response.
I will pick up the purse and resell as is, though I know I won’t get much for it now - think I am done with Goyard! I feel this is very cheeky - either it’s defective and they should repair for free, or it’s not defective and any repair will only last for a few months because of user error?
How old is your bag? Is it much older than 6 months? Mine was just a handful of days or so over their 6 month “free-fix cut off” and I fought for my bag to get fixed because it is ridiculous that a barely used bag have cracks like this.

I agree. I will NEVER give Goyard my money again too.

My St. Louis was fixed for free last year. I think this is known issue for older St. Louis tote when I chat with the SA he said the new version should not have this issue anymore. I did email after sale service before go to Madison boutique drop off. I went in show them the email and fill out a form .I received my bag back almost 2 months later.

How old is your bag? Is it much older than 6 months? Mine was just a handful of days or so over their 6 month “free-fix cut off” and I fought for my bag to get fixed because it is ridiculous that a barely used bag have cracks like this.

I agree. I will NEVER give Goyard my money again too.
I bought it in June of 2022, cracks started appearing within the first few weeks but I didn’t actually email them until March of 2023. At the time I had no idea about the six month thing, I was sort of thinking I might just bring it in to have them look at it next time I’m in NY. Now I’m just so annoyed with their stalling and eventual crappy response - wish I had bought the Celine bag that I had my eye on at the time instead!

I bought it in June of 2022, cracks started appearing within the first few weeks but I didn’t actually email them until March of 2023. At the time I had no idea about the six month thing, I was sort of thinking I might just bring it in to have them look at it next time I’m in NY. Now I’m just so annoyed with their stalling and eventual crappy response - wish I had bought the Celine bag that I had my eye on at the time instead!
Is yours an Artois PM? If yes, I’m curious why it costs $320 to change your handles but $280 to change mine. I’m sorry you have to go thru this. It’s very disappointing because this is clearly a weak/defective glazing.

Reactions: labellusting
Is yours an Artois PM? If yes, I’m curious why it costs $320 to change your handles but $280 to change mine. I’m sorry you have to go thru this. It’s very disappointing because this is clearly a weak/defective glazing.
Yes, Artois PM. Didn’t even realize that they were quoting me a more expensive price than yours, even more annoying! And CAD is so weak against USD right now that it’s hardly worth it. I hope your straps will hold up, at least. So frustrating if you end up with cracking again.

Did you buy it directly from Goyard? This type of glazing looks like the thick one that has known issues. But I thought they stopped using it some years ago and only have the thin glazing nowadays.
Hi TPF! Looking for some advice or words of comfort on my Goyard Artois MM. :blah:

I was super excited to have purchased my exact wishlist Goyard in Paris this past August. Now only a couple of months later, I'm noticing some cracking on the glazing on all 4 spots where the straps attach. I've used the bag maybe a dozen to twenty times and only ever carrying "medium" weight to go to the office. Just a Macbook air and few pouches for makeup / electronics.

It sounds like this was a common issue a couple of years ago on the St Louis. Is my bag showing early signs of the same issue? Any advice on how to prevent it from getting worse? I've started to make sure the straps stand upright when stored and conditioned the leather a tiny bit.

I live in Canada so getting to a Goyard boutique would be difficult. Hoping prevention is the best bet.

View attachment 5633131

View attachment 5633132

View attachment 5633133

View attachment 5633134
I’ve had mine for 32 (may 8 2023) days. Didn’t use til a few days ago as I wasn’t sure about keeping it. One strap looks like this and I’ve carried it twice. No computer no anything other than would fit in a speedy 25. Was afraid of this and it’s real. Just days outside my return period and I no longer live in Dallas so I’d have to drive back from houston. I’ve decided not to care.