Strap Cracks - Beginning of the End?

Hi there,
I'm also in Canada and bought the same bag from Goyard at Bergdorfs NYC last summer. Within a few weeks I was starting to get the same cracking and have been afraid for ages that it's going to end badly. It's like the straps fold in that spot no matter what I do and it has become a point of weakness. I'm so disappointed as I wanted this bag for years and had hoped to buy more Goyard in France this summer.
Can anyone tell me whether I should try to deal with Bergdorf or Goyard directly? I don't want to be without it for months either! Also, I'm concerned about sending it away and being charged customs in Canada when I get it back - anyone know about this?

Last edited:
Newbie to posting so I'm struggling with pics - posted above. Surely they aren't going to say this is normal wear and tear?
They told me mine was “wear and tear” and I used it sparingly last summer. Wanted to charge $280 plus $60 for shipping.

Mine is almost identical to yours in terms of condition, maybe just slightly less cracks. Our glazing type seems thicker and prone to cracks (if you take a look at OPs fixed straps).

I honestly feel like Goyard knows this thick glazing is an issue….

Reactions: JulieKat
For the price of the bag, they shouldn't have those especially if it's used less. I have the Artois PM and no problem with cracking / glazing though. Makes me think thrice now before buying this kind of bag. :hrmm:

I just checked my bag. It's around 16 months old, I used it maybe like less than 30 times.
It has some cracking but not too serious, maybe because the glazing is thinner than yours?
IMG_1056.jpg

Big difference in our glazing huh? Yours still looks good though!
Considering I don't carry heavy stuff, it's still annoying to see the cracking. For the time being, I can live with it.
I had a look of the mini Anjou which I got around 18 months ago. I used it less than 10 times and it still look like new. The glazing is a little bit thicker than my Artois but still a little bit thinner than yours.

Reactions: missD
So, if your bag is older than 6 months. You’re SOL unless you keep being a squeaky wheel. Hopefully, my squeaky wheel works.

I purchased my bag April 30, 2022 and didn’t use it until May.

I reported my issue on November 14 (because I wanted to use the bag for Thanksgiving vacay). Upon taking it out of the bag, I inspected it and saw the cracks. They must have happened when I used it during the summer. I didn’t look at it closely then.

So in short, I’m about 15 days passed their (unrealistic) 6 month “wear and tear” window. If I had checked my bag before carefully storing it away at the end of the summer, this wouldn’t have happened.

I was able to get the below explanation with extra, extra probing.

20590EAC-DE98-4A39-9CC5-350174AD0727.png

So, if your bag is older than 6 months. You’re SOL unless you keep being a squeaky wheel. Hopefully, my squeaky wheel works.

I purchased my bag April 30, 2022 and didn’t use it until May.

I reported my issue on November 14 (because I wanted to use the bag for Thanksgiving vacay). Upon taking it out of the bag, I inspected it and saw the cracks. They must have happened when I used it during the summer. I didn’t look at it closely then.

So in short, I’m about 15 days passed their (unrealistic) 6 month “wear and tear” window. If I had checked my bag before carefully storing it away at the end of the summer, this wouldn’t have happened.

I was able to get the below explanation with extra, extra probing.

View attachment 5750341
Wow. I am so reluctant to ever buy Goyard again after this! My Loewes, YSL, Chloe bags have never had anything like this happen. I hope it works out for you -keep us posted!

Wow. I am so reluctant to ever buy Goyard again after this! My Loewes, YSL, Chloe bags have never had anything like this happen. I hope it works out for you -keep us posted!
Thanks!

I actually scrolled through my old emails and saw that I reported the issue to their Aftersales email on November 4. Same day that I posted in this thread for the first time!

I mistakenly remembered Nov 14th.

So, I was actually just 5 days over their unadvertised 6 month cut-off. Sigh.

I am looking to buy my first Goyard piece (Anjou GM) second hand. I do not have a store near me to try on and I am not a fan of the store credit only return policy if I was to receive it and not be 100% happy. Do any of you happen to know if the same repair services can be offered to second hand items or do you have to show proof of purchase? I know that the handles will need to be replaced in due time. Thank you!