Strange question regarding handles

SuLi

O.G.
Nov 1, 2005
Hi everyone! I'm not really sure if it is appropriate to post here, but here goes...

Here in DC, it is disgustingly humid in the summer. I'm not a particularly sweaty person, but I find myself feeling a little damp especially since I take the Metro to and from work, and on a line that is heavily touristy.

What does this have to do with Balenciaga? I find myself really afraid to use my B-Bags because the handles start to feel a little sticky to me. Would it be strange to tie a scarf around the handles, or wrap something around them? I just don't find it pleasant to carry leather B-bags when its really hot, and this summer, I've been carrying a nylon tote while what I really want to use is my B-Bags.

Is this a problem unique to me, or do people who live in humid climates experience the same thing? What do you do to combat this problem?

Thanks!

Definitely not unique to you :nogood:! It gets really gross and sticky here in Ohio, too - and today is no exception :shocked::yucky:! I've heard horror stories about handles getting sticky so I've always been concerned about this, too, but I've also always used either Apple Guarde or FHO on my handles and I carry them all summer and have never had a problem. And I think there are some girls here who do tie scarves around the handles, which could actually be pretty cute - if you decide to go that route, you should definitely post pics!!

not strange at all! At the beach this weekend I immediately switched from my black city to a canvas B&BWorks tote because I couldn't imagine subjecting my bbag to the hot, humid, sandy, sticky weather! I actually felt sorry for folks carrying leather bags down the boardwalk...

Yeah, Meganaka did this.

greigetwiggy2.jpg