Strange post, but... Does anyone own a DYSON vacuum?

amanda said:
the problem is that i've never seen a small, lightweight vaccuum that actually DID anything - they're usually a waste of money, unfortunately. Oreck's are ok, but i've seen a Dyson do a room immediately after an Oreck and pick up soooooo much extra stuff that the Oreck missed. Dyson's are about 20 lbs, which makes them as light or lighter as many of the vacs in the same price range, even though they're still a tad heavy. the DC15 Balls are a pound or two lighter.

Do you have any suggestions for the exteremly loud buzzing noise our Dyson vacuum makes (when it brushes against a corner)? Its done it since the first time we used it.

amanda said:
just so you know, this DC15 is probably just the regular DC15, not the DC15 animal (the difference is that the regular one only comes with basic attachments and the animal comes with ones that are good for pet hair, etc.)

I don't think so. I have the DC14 animal with all of the attachments and I got mine at Kohl's. I have two dogs and it works wonderfully. It was personal preference for us; my DH and I both preferred the model without the ball.

Ugh, I was so excited when I got my Dyson, but now I hate it!! he roller ball version sounds great but i have the little yellow one and it cannot negotiate corners to save its life!! it gets stuck on the smallest thing, it own cord, table legs, couch corners, then it just tips over!! I am constantly putting it right way up, its heavy... I once got so angry at it i threw it!! did absolutely no damage to it!!! Ha ha..

LadyFran said:
I don't think so. I have the DC14 animal with all of the attachments and I got mine at Kohl's. I have two dogs and it works wonderfully. It was personal preference for us; my DH and I both preferred the model without the ball.

...you don't think so what? i was just saying that for $499, the DC15 ball the poster was talking about was probably not the Ball Animal (which just came out and retails around $600) but the Ball with the basic attachments, which has been discontinued and would sell for less.

vickitoria said:
Do you have any suggestions for the exteremly loud buzzing noise our Dyson vacuum makes (when it brushes against a corner)? Its done it since the first time we used it.

i've never heard anyone complain about it before - it might just be something that they all do from the vibration of the vaccuum. try dyson's website, they have an extensive troubleshooting section where they might have some tips if that's atypical of their vacs.

I love ours...I was tired of vacuums that stopped working, just like the Dyson commercial says....so even though it was pricey 'santa' brought me one 3 or 4 Christmas' ago...and it still works like it did on day one....awesome:smile:

I love my dyson. When I got married my DH and I were given some vouchers for a department store and he said I should get myself something- clothes/ shoes, whatever.

I really wanted to get a pair of Gucci shoes but decided the 'right' thing to do with the gift was buy something for the house, so I bought a dyson. Best shopping decision I ever made. I would choose a dyson over Gucci shoes every time, now I know how great a dyson is, and I am not even that domesticated.

Has anyone purchased the Dyson Slim? Is it really that much lighter than the others?

the dyson slim is pretty light for how effective it is - it's 15 pounds, whereas the regular dysons are all about 21. 21 is fairly normal for a regular, full size, upright vacuum, though. i think it's a tad overpriced because you only get normal attachments with it, i think it'd be much more appropriate at a $429 price point. it's just as powerful as the DC17 full size, though, which is nice.

Thanks Amanda for your feedback on it....I was talking with my friend about my Dyson Animal and she doesn't have a kitty like I do so I think the Slim would work for her. I like my Animal but it's pretty heavy - I think the Slim would work just as well? :shrugs:

Thanks Amanda for your feedback on it....I was talking with my friend about my Dyson Animal and she doesn't have a kitty like I do so I think the Slim would work for her. I like my Animal but it's pretty heavy - I think the Slim would work just as well? :shrugs:

the slim has good suction and their most advanced suction and filtration systems, which is really good. it also has a removable brush bar, which makes maintenance easy. it doesn't have the fun attachments, but if there's one you (or she) particularly wants, she can always buy it separately. but if she's going to buy the slip and the power brush, then she's only $10 shy of the cost of the animal, which gives you maximum suction and lots of extra attachments. i still think the DC17 Animal is the best deal for the money. sold one at work today :smile:.