Strange Childhood Crushes

Trunks from Dragonball Z. lol

trunks.jpg

^i remember having crushes on boy manga characters!
I think a strange TV crush of mine (back when I didn't even know what a crush was) during my girlhood was Chips' Ponch.

But my first more "serious" preteen/teen crushes were: Ralph Macchio as Daniel-san from Karate Kid, Andrew McCarthy as Blane from Pretty in Pink (the first magazines I bought were to see photos of these two celebrities-hehe), & Mary Stuart Masterson from Some Kind of Wonderful (more like fell in love with her boyish hairstyle and her drum-playing, voice, her whole look...I wanted a haircut like hers and to play the drums badly...). But my all time favorite crush: River Phoenix!!! I was so sad when he died. Yesterday, watched Johnny Cash with his brother Joaquin starring in it, and I kept thinking about River Phoenix and what an even greater actor he would have become...:sad:

OK, in terms of cartoons, I had a crush on Lionel from Thundercats and Trent from Daria

thundercats1.jpg

Trent+Lane.jpg

In terms of real people? Jeremy Miller (Ben Seaver on Growing Pains). I also had a crush on Mario Lopez (during his AC Slater years...curly fro and all). I have a thing about guys with dimples.

I had the biggest crush on Corey Haim - during the years when he and Corey Feldman were doing License to Drive. When people recall it, I get laughed at now.

Don't feel bad, they were my main men in the late 80's, LOL!

When I was younger I had crushes on Ricky Schroder, Chad Allen, James Cagney, and my first...Michael J Fox. Never really had crushes on cartoon characters. Maybe the Kit Car, buahaha.

i had the biggest crush on.....

clinteastwood.jpg

and even weirder i had a crush on a song....it was toby keith - wish i was a cowboy.
i so wanted to be a cowgirl...and ride the open range. i would sit there and day dream
about that song for like all day...

Last edited: