Strange Childhood Crushes

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I think I may have started a thread like this long ago but could not find it. Anyway, DH and I were reminiscing and I was remembering the weirdest crushes I had as a kid. Because my crushes weren't really "people"...

number #1 was Scott Tracy from the Thunderbirds. C'mon, if he was real he'd be a catch.
    scott tracy.JPG

number #2 was Drooper from the Banana Splits. He was a guitar player. I blame him for my attraction to musicians and inevitably marrying one.
    drooper.jpg

number #3 was Speed Racer. He was bad ass and had a sensitive side.
    Speed-Racer-speed-racer-485532_701_576.jpg

When you stop laughing, tell us who your strange childhood crushes were!

2. hahah!

I had to think about it, but here's mine: Rick Hunter from the Robotech: Macross Saga anime series. I thought he was cool & exciting! (Did I mention I was around six years old at the time?) :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Hunter

3. speed racer...for real!!

4. Fred from Scooby Doo :lol:

5. The Count from Sesame Street. I really, really wanted to be his best friend.

[​IMG]

6. I don't know if anyone remembers that REALLY old series called "EMERGENCY" but I was a really little kid (prob about 4 or 5) and was just obsessed with the one character/paramedic named "Johnny Gage", played by Randolph Mantooth. For some reason I liked the episodes where he got hurt bc I had some strange fantasy of "saving" him. When I was a bit older I watched the series on daytime reruns STILL obsessed with Johnny/Randolph. I think it was because he was brunette and I had a thing for brunette guys as opposed to blondes. Yeah, I also thought Ponch (Erik Estrada) was hot in CHiPs.

Attached Files:

7. When I was 15 I saw The Fugitive and had the biggest crush on Tommy Lee Jones for a long time. What made it strange is that he was about 47 years old, the same age as my dad (at that time), so it was a bit creepy.

8. Well, only strange in the sense that he'd been dead for a few years before I was even born, but I saw Tyrone Power in the film Marie Antoinette when I was about 8 or 9, and it was an instant crush.

[​IMG]

9. Omg I used to be MADLY in love with Jim Carrey. I think it started with Ace Ventura. Something about him just sent me over the edge when I was a kid. :P

10. Thought of another one...Desi Arnaz :nuts:

11. Does anyone remember Terry McGinnis from Batman Beyond? He was my first and only cartoon crush.

[​IMG]

12. #12 Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
    I had a huge crush on Jack Wilde from HR Puffenstuff when I was a kid...I bought every Tiger Beat he was in!.....I have a strange crush as an adult as well.. I have a crush on a statue in Versailles....:love: paris2009 076.JPG

13. I had the biggest crush on Corey Haim - during the years when he and Corey Feldman were doing License to Drive. When people recall it, I get laughed at now.

14. Probably Heath Ledger for me.. But only in 10 Things I hate about you..
    [​IMG]
    and
    Johnny Depp!
    [​IMG]

15. Shopmagnet.. Great Pics.. I love Johnny Depp and Heath Ledger too