Strange but true...Seller Lies says they don't have the scarf I won,then relists it!

docride

Vache Vixen
O.G.
Jun 28, 2007
So,get this... I win a scarf with a buy it now that was at an amazing price I pay for it immediately..then I get an eMail that the seller is sorry but they don't actually have the scarf and the listing was an error...so could we cancel the transaction...they refund me and go through the whole eBay cancel the transaction system.. Now several days later they have re-listed the scarf at a higher price! Why lie? I mean, so why not say I listed the item at a too low price...and it was an error....I still would have been nice about it...but NO I get lied to instead. The scarf is a Plisse in blues with flying ducks on it...I won it for a crazy $55. bucks...so that's my story.

i suppose you can't file a non-performing seller report now either, since the transaction has been cancelled.
bad seller, naughty seller, in your bed !
^ sorry, the weather's so bad here in the UK , i'm feeling deranged.

I am feeling a little deranged too...so you´re not alone,lol!

shame on that person! She could been up front about it, no? I´d still have gotten irritaded but this is just idiotic behaviour. Didn´t the person think that you would be checking her listings, I mean common!

Kat

I know it's in bad form,but I half way want to ask the seller a question on their listing...something like "oh super news, you found the scarf after all...."

Sounds like they wanted more money for the scarf but possibly listed it incorrectly. It's annoying how people can be like that. Have you told ebay - not sure if they can do anything about it.

Oh I don't blame them for listing incorrectly at a too low a buy it now when they realized the value of their item, even if they wanted to pull out of the sale (which they did do) But I don't like the lying about not having the scarf at all and then re-listing it 2 days!
It got the better of me and I asked the seller a question..stating "Glad you found the scarf after all..good luck with your auction.Kind regards,(my name)

Oh I don't blame them for listing incorrectly at a too low a buy it now when they realized the value of their item, even if they wanted to pull out of the sale (which they did do) But I don't like the lying about not having the scarf at all and then re-listing it 2 days!
It got the better of me and I asked the seller a question..stating "Glad you found the scarf after all..good luck with your auction.Kind regards,(my name)

LOL, I probably would have done that as well. Let us know what she responds (if she does).

I would email the seller and tell them since they found the scarf i want it sent out to me.
I would report them as well. what a shame. If i made a mistake i would have sent it.

i suppose you can't file a non-performing seller report now either, since the transaction has been cancelled.
bad seller, naughty seller, in your bed !
^ sorry, the weather's so bad here in the UK , i'm feeling deranged.

ebay will still let you file a non-performing seller report and leave negative feedback. i had this happen to me last month by bellabagnshoe when she did not like the price i won an MJ Blake for. Report seller!

Ugh! Liars! I would have definitely contacted the seller and let her know I want it still since they found it if they could please 'make that appear'.

A part of me thinks you should bid and win the auction. Then insist that the seller sell it to you at the price you ORIGINALLY won the item for -- and it'll get escalated up the *bay food chain, until eventually at the VERY least, the seller will be noticed by *bay.

When the seller files a NPB on you on the 2nd auction, you can reply stating that you had ALREADY won the previous auction for the same item and the seller refused to send you it. Keep insisting that all you want is what you ALREADY won.

Very likely, if the seller doesn't let you have the scarf at the price you ORIGINALLY won it for, the seller will get a "vacation" from *bay for this, once someone with a bit of authority reviews it.

Seriously, I'd be tempted. And if you end up with an NPB, no big deal -- I think you need at least 3 to be suspended.