Strange Black Mole?

McLoverly

O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
Hello Ladies,

My 6.5 year old Italian Greyhound has been in good health his whole life. Except for a few weeks ago, when he got into what he shouldn't have and I rushed him to the vet at 2:30AM. A few thousand dollars later he is all better and all of his blood work came out normal.

Today I noticed a large black mole on his snout. It's kind of hard. I thought it might be a tick, but it had no head and didn't move at all when I put Neosporine on it. It does not appear to be dried blood as I gently wiped it and nothing came off. I notice pretty much everything on him and this is brand new. Should I be concerned?

I have attached a picture:
RoshiMole012.jpg

Last edited:
if its not a cut (like you said) i would probably have the vet check it out....just to make sure its not a tumor or something....if it is they will remove it and biopsy it...i hope it turns out to be nothing...keep us posted...

I'll book an appointment for next week. I'm freaking out! It really just appeared so suddenly. I examine my boy daily. Heck, I take photos of him almost daily. I just looked at a picture from the other day and there is no mole. Maybe it will go away? I hope...

Thank you so much ladies for all of the suggestions. I got home last night to find the "black thing" gone. Roshi (because he is soooo ferocious) is fine! I am such a worrying mommy.