Straight jacket

bevw56

O.G.
Jul 30, 2009
ok here goes : yesterday my daughter and i decided to go early to Bicester we entered as the doors opened and within a minute had 5 bags dangling from our arms we walked we talked we sat we debated we were asked if we were ok - we cornered the lovely sa and were told that unpacking was still going on and we could reserve our finds and come back.
We stepped outside and within minutes the heavens opened the world turned black our summer dresses and sandals drenched and it just kept raining down on us - was this a sign?
we shelteed for cofee and muffins and a chat about what we would purchase dd confirmed her love as she knew she would never be so lucky to get an oak bays from the outlet and would need to save, we then decided to brave the wet and trot back, make our choice and go home to dry
we step back into heaven and there on the table were 2 oak bays dd - oak bays = :love: i grabbed both whille we examined them and dd made her choice after little discussion mum found herself saying 'i will buy you this for christmas but you cannot have it before' as the dd was reluctant not to put back the RN bays she had grabbed earlier. After another quick look a rapidly beating heart and a deep feeling of nausea we progressed to the till.
so, the list as yes it is a list :dd - oak bays (xmas) RN metallic calf bays.
me - blk roxy tote, (never been a fan of the roxy but this was divine and so useful, blk somerset hobo (so soft) oak mitzi tote (coverted for weeks) and finally the creme de la creme chestnut, coffee, tan jemma rio which i have loved for years and is stunning!
so I have well and truly fallen off the sofa and now need to be locked in a padded cell PLEASE help me do i need therapy is there a therapy thread do i ban Bicester from my life forever (its always fatal)
meanwhile i look forward to my day with rio:cloud9:

Last edited:
Wow! Bev this is such an exciting thread to wake up to on a Saturday morning! I was there with you, reading this!

Well done and how fab for DD to get her oak bays.....

I REALLY want to go to Bicester but need to save for it first....maybe my birthday treat in Nov?

Dare i now say, pics would be the icing on the cake???

oh wow!! so jealous- i'm never that lucky when i go to the outlets- rarely see anything i want!!! Now how much was the oak bays???Are they still £346 or have they gone up?

Thank you for the excitement so early on a Saturday morning - I was literally on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen!

How fantastic that your DD will have her oak Bays for Christmas, and you found quite a few lovelies yourself! We will need pics of all the new bags!!!!!

Congratulations! That was fantastic timing with the oak Bays - really envious!!

Please can we see some pics before she goes away until Christmas (and pics of others too of course!!)

Wow!!
What a haul... And what a lovely, generous mum you are! You definitely deserve all your treats! I bet dd is already counting down the days until Christmas!
I can't decide whether I'm sad or glad I don't live near an outlet. My bank balance is, however, overjoyed that I don't!
Sounds like you had a gorgeous mum and daughter day and some fab finds. Now all we need is photographic evidence of your goodies! :biggrin:

Last edited:
what a fantastic day. I almost felt I was there with you and DD.

sounds like you had an amazing day with some great purchases. Oak Bays and RN Metallic Bays for DD sounds just perfect.

thank you all for your lovely comments I am just coming out of the shock of what i have done!

i will take pictures as soon as d partner is out of the house for a while as i fear he may have a seizure if he see them all lined up.

just to let you know there were some oak ledbury's, choc and black bays, lots of red and orange different types a couple of gorgeous red jenna rio's oh and a beautifil purple mabel i think it was tumbled it was so soft, poppy's, mollie's, and quite a few roxy and roxy totes in various colours and lots of lovely green bags too, oh and a lovely large pale oyster colour shimmy minus its web strap!

The oak bays was £385

Bev