story and a double reveal

Jul 17, 2008
My mom has Parkinson's - she lives in Florida and I am in New Hampshire. Needless to say I can't just stop by to help out or drive her to a doctor's appointment. She seemed off on the phone lately, and I needed to get down to Florida to see what was going on. I am a public school teacher and I can't just visit whenever I want. I was able to get a personal day last Monday, so my husband (his parents are also in Florida) and I flew out last Friday night and came back up north late Monday. I am glad I went, but it is frustrating being so far away.
So, we found a hotel in the middle of both parents...which just happened to be in Vero Beach, where there just happens to be an outlet:graucho:.

My first reveal was actually a Christmas gift for my husband and myself. My 2nd reveal is from The Coach outlet at the Vero Beach Outlet - because I really was in need of retail therapy. Anyone around?

Hi thanks for joining me!
This bag is from the men's outlet store, and it is the perfect travel tote. It has a zippered outside pocket, a magnetized outside pocket, and a bunch of deep pockets and a zippered section on the inside. It comes with a crossbody strap and my hubby can carry it without feeling goofy. She was 50% off then
30% off - I got her for $109!

This picture is taken at Logan airport - the tote matches my carry-on perfectly!

2012-01-06_17-31-37_432.jpg

Then when I went to the Vero Beach outlet, the SA I was talking to had just transferred from my home state (quick shout-out to James!). I already have a Lindsey...or two...but this one is perfect for my wintery New England days. I carried her today when we were being hit with snow squalls, and I love her. Excuse my "teacher bag" on the floor of my car - I can't carry a good bag because my classroom doesn't lock, and that bag spends a lot of time on the floor - my Coach bags - never!

Introducing Ms. pewter Lindsey! and a picture of the Vero Beach outlet!

2012-01-08_16-50-48_292.jpg

2012-01-13_15-34-33_873.jpg

Nice! Hope your mom is doing well- My father had Parkinson's as well as my grandfather so i have empathy for your situation. I would most definitely say you were in need of and deserved some retail therapy....

Nice! Hope your mom is doing well- My father had Parkinson's as well as my grandfather so i have empathy for your situation. I would most definitely say you were in need of and deserved some retail therapy....

:hugs:Thanks - it is really difficult being so far away. I am originally from New Jersey, and I could make that trip in a day...but this is certainly challenging...

Bless your heart for being a good and caring daughter. I'm sure your mother appreciated your visit.

BTW, your bags are beautiful. It's so nice when you can find what you want at the outlet store.

Thanks for sharing your story and reveal, granny