Storing your Hermes bags...

I am obsessed with organizing! So when this thread popped back I thought it fitting to share my new closet. We purchased a new condo and completely remodeled. DH and I moved in about 4 months ago and I am loving my closet!!

I love how easy it is to access my bags! I can change in a snap!!

I don't have a lot of hang up clothes because I work in scrubs, so most of my clothes are in the drawers. All my Cashmere GM's are folded using the konmari folding method so I can easily see and access all my shawls (no more digging!). I can fit 12-13 shawls per drawer. The top 4 drawers next to my hanging clothes are all GM's and I'm working on a 5th!! The two small drawers under those 4 hold my hermes poncho in one, and my exceptional shawl in the other.

That long row of shoes are Tieks ballet flats and of course my Frye boot wall!!

Let me know if you have questions! Most everything was purchased from the container store and I designed everything myself[emoji2]
Lovely!!!!

Love this!

Curious - Are your B's all 30s or smaller? I got the same boxes from the Container Store but can't quite squeeze my 35's in them without rubbing up against a side (but wondering if I'm missing a trick).

I was so excited when I first learned of these boxes but, like you, can't fit my 35s in them. So disappointing and they look terrific.

I am obsessed with organizing! So when this thread popped back I thought it fitting to share my new closet. We purchased a new condo and completely remodeled. DH and I moved in about 4 months ago and I am loving my closet!!

I don't have a lot of hang up clothes because I work in scrubs, so most of my clothes are in the drawers. All my Cashmere GM's are folded using the konmari folding method so I can easily see and access all my shawls (no more digging!). I can fit 12-13 shawls per drawer. The top 4 drawers next to my hanging clothes are all GM's and I'm working on a 5th!! The two small drawers under those 4 hold my hermes poncho in one, and my exceptional shawl in the other.

Let me know if you have questions! Most everything was purchased from the container store and I designed everything myself:smile:

Lovely! I like the light also. I'm thinking of switching out my recessed lights for something like that.

Thanks so much for all the compliments!!

Your closet is lovely and thanks for sharing. Do you mind sharing where you got the insert/pillow? Thanks in advance!

sharyl1115 on eBay _ excellent quality and great seller. Here is a link to an auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Purse-Pillow-for-your-Birkin-30-35-40-cm/141455516537 *** I have no affiliation to this person, nor do I benefit in anyway from this auction - I'm just a happy customer**

Love this!

Curious - Are your B's all 30s or smaller? I got the same boxes from the Container Store but can't quite squeeze my 35's in them without rubbing up against a side (but wondering if I'm missing a trick).

All of my birkni's are 30's

Let me know if you have questions! Most everything was purchased from the container store and I designed everything myself:smile:

Love what you've done! Great closet, organization, and H goodies [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Your wardrobe is a dream come true!! Wish I have that much space!

Lvlover.
Are you able to fit b35's in those boxes? My SA recommends I store my b's at on the backs to prevent the front from slouching but I don't have storage space to do so. I've been storing my bags up and are running out of space. I love that you can stack them so if it fits b35, i'll head to the container store tomorrow. Thanks

Lvlover.
Are you able to fit b35's in those boxes? My SA recommends I store my b's at on the backs to prevent the front from slouching but I don't have storage space to do so. I've been storing my bags up and are running out of space. I love that you can stack them so if it fits b35, i'll head to the container store tomorrow. Thanks

35Bs do not fit without bending.

Thanks so much for all the compliments!!

sharyl1115 on eBay _ excellent quality and great seller. Here is a link to an auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Purse-Pillow-for-your-Birkin-30-35-40-cm/141455516537 *** I have no affiliation to this person, nor do I benefit in anyway from this auction - I'm just a happy customer**

These pillows look lovely, thank you SO much. Could I ask....the images she posts seem to show an open Birkin, etc. stuffed with a pillow...are these pillows sized to fit the bags clasped closed?

These pillows look lovely, thank you SO much. Could I ask....the images she posts seem to show an open Birkin, etc. stuffed with a pillow...are these pillows sized to fit the bags clasped closed?

sorry for such a late response to your question - the pillow is designed to store the bag with the sangles not clasped. That why there is no pulling anywhere on the bag, this is how Hermes recommended the bag be stored also.

This is a Singapore-humidity-related post. Sorry it's quite long!

Hoping to get some suggestions here on my current dilemma. For the past 10 years or so, I've been staying with my parents and I stored all my bags in large, black, standard dry cabinets (made for photo equipment). They work beautifully, low electricity, never fails. I have them set to about 40% humidity. I have 2 large (160 litre) and 1 small (60 litre). Bags are in 1 large, shoes are in 1 large and small.

Now I just bought my own apartment this year and am renovating right now. Of course, there has to be a dressing room, right? With bag and shoe display closets! The problem is our climate. And getting the closets to look nice. These dry cabinets I use right now are pretty ugly. I would love to build customised closets with glass doors but they require dehumidifying mechanisms. The only option is heat rods which are what people generally use in their wardrobes in Singapore. These run on low heat and circulate the air around to dry the space, which I don't really like the idea of. Has anyone here had any experience with these heating rod dehumidifiers? Are they okay for leather goods?

My other option is to go for full glass, professional dry cabinets. They exist, but are very expensive, and also look slightly industrial (but still nicer than the common black ones). The plus is, I will be able to take them with me if I sell my apartment in the future, and I never have to worry about reliability (especially when I travel). The big minus is, the cost is up in the thousands.

Storage without dehumidifying elements is not an option for Singapore.

What would you do?

I realise maybe no one will respond since most members here don't have the same climate problem, but I figured I'd give it a shot. TIA for any input :heart:

This is a Singapore-humidity-related post. Sorry it's quite long!

Hoping to get some suggestions here on my current dilemma. For the past 10 years or so, I've been staying with my parents and I stored all my bags in large, black, standard dry cabinets (made for photo equipment). They work beautifully, low electricity, never fails. I have them set to about 40% humidity. I have 2 large (160 litre) and 1 small (60 litre). Bags are in 1 large, shoes are in 1 large and small.

Now I just bought my own apartment this year and am renovating right now. Of course, there has to be a dressing room, right? With bag and shoe display closets! The problem is our climate. And getting the closets to look nice. These dry cabinets I use right now are pretty ugly. I would love to build customised closets with glass doors but they require dehumidifying mechanisms. The only option is heat rods which are what people generally use in their wardrobes in Singapore. These run on low heat and circulate the air around to dry the space, which I don't really like the idea of. Has anyone here had any experience with these heating rod dehumidifiers? Are they okay for leather goods?

My other option is to go for full glass, professional dry cabinets. They exist, but are very expensive, and also look slightly industrial (but still nicer than the common black ones). The plus is, I will be able to take them with me if I sell my apartment in the future, and I never have to worry about reliability (especially when I travel). The big minus is, the cost is up in the thousands.

Storage without dehumidifying elements is not an option for Singapore.

What would you do?

I realise maybe no one will respond since most members here don't have the same climate problem, but I figured I'd give it a shot. TIA for any input :heart:

Wow! You’ve taught me something. I’ve never heard of a dry box. Here is what I do where I live part of the year in Central America where the humidity is a pretty constant 80%: 83.2 percent with 27C today. I have a walk-in closet where I run a standard dehumidifier set at 40% for about 12 hours/day. I also have something used here which is what I guess you’d call a heating bar. It sits in a wooden box on the floor. Furthermore, I place lavendar essential oil, reputed to fight mold, in special cloth pouches in every bag and every shoe. I wipe down each bag monthly, vigilantly checking for mold. Whew. I’d pay thousands for dry boxes not to have to go through this routine! Let us know what you choose.

Reactions: dragonette
Wow! You’ve taught me something. I’ve never heard of a dry box. Here is what I do where I live part of the year in Central America where the humidity is a pretty constant 80%: 83.2 percent with 27C today. I have a walk-in closet where I run a standard dehumidifier set at 40% for about 12 hours/day. I also have something used here which is what I guess you’d call a heating bar. It sits in a wooden box on the floor. Furthermore, I place lavendar essential oil, reputed to fight mold, in special cloth pouches in every bag and every shoe. I wipe down each bag monthly, vigilantly checking for mold. Whew. I’d pay thousands for dry boxes not to have to go through this routine! Let us know what you choose.

Thank you so much for your input!

Is your standard dehumidifier one of those made for rooms? The ones where you have to pour the water out whenever the tank is full?

You should look into these dry cabinets if you don't mind the way they look (black things that look a bit like wine cabinets). They cost several hundreds, much more affordable than the glass ones. The glass ones are usually found in places like laboratories LOL! I was quoted about S$6,000 for a large full glass one.