Storing your car keys

viewwing

i luv bags
O.G.
Oct 1, 2008
Help me out here guys. How do you keep your car keys/remote control without scratching the other stuff in your bag?

I need something to hold them that would be convenient. I also don't like it dangling and my knees hitting it when I'm driving. It would also be great if it's easy to find in a big bag. I'm currently using the 4 key holder for my house keys. But I need to solve this problem cos I'm going to have my own car very soon. HELP!

I'm having the same issue. Right now I put them in the pocket of my bag. I was thinking about getting a cles too, but the keyfob is so big I don't know if they will fit in a mono or de and those are the only two options right now because they are lower in price than the Vernis and MC. I can't wait to see what you get.

I use a damier 6 key holder. theyre tight at first, but it will eventually loosen up a bit. try not to over stuff with other keys. since you have the 4 key holder, id suggest keeping that for your house keys and using the 6 key holder for just your car keys so it doesnt become over stuffed. But for reference, my 6 key holder fits 3 house keys and either a suburban key and fob (doesnt fully close since this fob is older and larger, but it keeps the keys in place and prevents them from scratching my vernis pieces), escalade key and fob (closes fine), and mercedes key/fob in one (closes fine).

maybe wait until you get your car, then take the fob to LV so you can try it out before you buy. I find the 6 key holder doesnt dangle down too low when youre driving, I think the cles would hang too low and hit my knees.

I use a damier 6 key holder. theyre tight at first, but it will eventually loosen up a bit. try not to over stuff with other keys. since you have the 4 key holder, id suggest keeping that for your house keys and using the 6 key holder for just your car keys so it doesnt become over stuffed. But for reference, my 6 key holder fits 3 house keys and either a suburban key and fob (doesnt fully close since this fob is older and larger, but it keeps the keys in place and prevents them from scratching my vernis pieces), escalade key and fob (closes fine), and mercedes key/fob in one (closes fine).

maybe wait until you get your car, then take the fob to LV so you can try it out before you buy. I find the 6 key holder doesnt dangle down too low when youre driving, I think the cles would hang too low and hit my knees.

Woah! The 6 key holder sounds quite large. I already know how big my car key and fob will be cos I'll be taking over the DH's car. I guess I could bring it in the store and try it out b4 I buy. *thumbs up*

*~*Right now I'm using a Kate Spade key holder (I drive a VW & the fob is pretty bulky, so I needed a pouch that would fit the fob & a few other keys), & I haven't had any issues with it at all. I am getting a Chanel key pouch tomorrow though (the Chanel pouch is a tad smaller). A pic of the Kate Spade (it's the leopard pouch) is below. HTH ;) *~*

00000000_zps855cc6ea.jpg

I keep my house keys and my office badge in my mini pochette with one or two lipsticks because I don't wear enough makeup to justify a cosmetic. I connect the mini pochette to my d rings. I also keep a T26 in my bag to hold "stuff"

I have LeSportsac pouch that I like to put my keys into. When I get to work sometimes I just put my keys right inside the bag since I literally put my bag down and don't touch it until the end of the day, so the keys aren't going to be moving around and stuff. But if I'm walking around and the keys would have the potential to scratch anything in my bag, I just toss them in the little pouch. I used to have them connected to my cles and I would put my cles on my d-ring and the keys would hang off. But the keys were just way too heavy for the d-ring and they were dragging down that side of the bag which really wasn't good for the leather trim on the top. So I figured something else out and now just keep the cles on the d-ring.

I worry about my keys scratching the surface off my SLG's too so I keep them in an LV pouch/cles that has the Key holder attached & just keep my car key which is smooth outside the cles & my metal keys inside.

Last edited: