Scarves Storing my scarves

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Very cool!

I just got a book on organizing in hopes of becoming inspired...its didn’t go to well :amuse:until the second to last page when I saw this!:P
    If anyone has an idea where to find these acrylic boxes, please let me know!:flowers:

Adding, the book is the home edit:flowers:

Have to add this pic would make a fabulous game!! I spy, with my little eye...;)

Attached Files:

2. Wow, I wonder if this belongs to a TPFer!

Julide and Pautinka like this.
  3. That is just beautiful to behold!

Julide likes this.
  4. Come out, come out, wherever you are!!

QueenieQ, xincinsin, Langsam and 2 others like this.
  5. As a 'new' collector (ok, future addict) - I'm loving this thread :biggrin:

Oddly enough I've always been attracted to the antique map drawers and architect drawers but I've always said to myself 'I don't have a use for it' so I can't buy it. Now, I can totally justify them :biggrin:

I've also got some serious OCD so thank you for the great ideas about cataloging etc.

katriona, MAGJES, FizzyWater and 3 others like this.
  6. Right on @Kittey-Kat ! :angel:

Julide likes this.
  7. I’ve always wanted a map drawer. So glad there is a reason to get one!!:P

Kittey-Kat and Jbizzybeetle like this.
  8. I used to have huge sets of map drawers in the school libraries that I managed. We used them for maps, of course, but also art work and posters. I wish I had one of them now! Although they were so big that I don’t think I could fit one in this tiny house. But then, scarves are so important, aren’t they? Who cares about fitting in a bed or a wardrobe?

MAGJES, AnnaE, papertiger and 6 others like this.
  9. An ex-librarian - what a small world! My mother and many friends are ex-librarians :smile: We too have a small house (with little wall space) so I am always torn with furniture. I do love beautiful old wooden pieces though. The irony of purchasing scarves and therefore requiring map drawers whilst also depleting the map drawer budget is not lost on me :huh:

I've just discovered your blog - so many similarities with my life so I'm looking forward to perusing it :smile:

10. I remember the huge shallow drawers that a team in my company used for blueprints. They were all disposed of when everything became computerised. And I had this vision where I'd put two of these blueprint or map drawer sets together, plonk a mattress on top, and ascend a tiny flight of steps each night to sleep atop my treasures. IRL I got married and this remained a dream :rolleyes:

HermesHope, Eejit, blydia and 11 others like this.
  11. :lol:That sounds wonderful! Sleeping on top of your scarves!!!:tender:Talk about restorative sleep. :PI could be recharged in no time after sleeping on scarves and maybe a few bags and some SLG....:angel:

Volha_, Meta and Pautinka like this.
  12. We threw out a wooden Victorian map drawer chest about ten years ago as my son had found his father's saw and taken wedges out the top edge. If only I had known I would develop a passion for scarves. Grrrrrrrrr!

13. a morning well spent organizing, 18 months and a spreadsheet that makes me blush :shocked: now off to mai tai for some scarf storage options.
    152002DA-0ABA-447B-BF1A-8A61747EEF60.jpeg

ladysarah, FizzyWater, AnnaE and 13 others like this.
  14. I use divider sell at IKEA to organize my scarves.

Attached Files:

15. I store mine in their boxes. I label the back of the boxes with a removable label and keep them in alphabetical order. But I have a good memory or the system would not work.