Storing LV bags in heated room?

wenyiu7

Apr 18, 2019
Dear all,
As the weather is getting colder and we have started to use the bedroom heater, however, it is the same room where I store all my LV bags, is the change in humidity (so dry...) in the room going to hurt the bags? They are all in the dustbags, the room heater is not next to the shelf where I placed all my bags.
How do you guys store your bags in cold days? Would love to hear you out :smile:

Purseloco

Older and Wiser
O.G.
Jun 24, 2006
United States
I do not store my bags in a heated room. I have had leather dry and crack, and sealant melt and the bag interior melt due to an open vent in the closet. I close the vent in my closet so that the closet stays cool. I also have had metallic bags disintegrate due to the heat in a room.

Reactions: wenyiu7

luvspurses

O.G.
Mar 9, 2008
i'd like to hear more about optimal temperature storage too. i leave some of my bags at my northern house for the winter. don't want to leave the temp too warm, but also don't want it too cool. no humidity issues. would 66-68 degrees fahrenheit be a good temperature? anyone?

Jeunesse

O.G.
Apr 18, 2007
An “LV expert advisor” in my suggested that I get a humidifier for the room I store my purses in. Where I live it is extremely dry.

ILOVENOVA

Sep 1, 2020
This is a good question. Following, I want to know to. I place my bag in my closet inside dust bag, am not sure if this is good idea.

wenyiu7

Apr 18, 2019
i'd like to hear more about optimal temperature storage too. i leave some of my bags at my northern house for the winter. don't want to leave the temp too warm, but also don't want it too cool. no humidity issues. would 66-68 degrees fahrenheit be a good temperature? anyone?
I believe that temperature range is considered Ok! As long the humidity is controlled at a nice level it should not be a problem :smile:

wenyiu7

Apr 18, 2019
This is a good question. Following, I want to know to. I place my bag in my closet inside dust bag, am not sure if this is good idea.
The sales associate at LV told me that the bags should be stored in the dustbag and in places with good ventilation, that is the main reason I got the shelf for the bags... I think it depends on how roomy your closet is?