LV Stores closing ......

+1 Thank you @AmbrosiaL and @LV_4ever for your understanding :hugs:.
I really sympathize with you since your husband is definitely in the thick of it with sick people constantly in the ER.
Thank you for saying this @AmbrosiaL -my thoughts exactly. I'm the member who posted about her husband being a UPS driver. This week he is on vacation. But, next week he has to deliver probably what will be comparable to Christmas volume. I just have my faith to go on. But, he will be completely exposed everyday all day and I don't have any control over it. These big corporations like UPS have no problem sending workers into this chaos. Not surprised because UPS is greedy and ignorant.
I read about Amazon hiring 100 000 workers - there have been so many reports about horrible working conditions there and I fully agree with the previous posters that we need to be mindful of the risks others are now taking in order to fulfil our online orders.

Reactions: PurseAddict728
I read about Amazon hiring 100 000 workers - there have been so many reports about horrible working conditions there and I fully agree with the previous posters that we need to be mindful of the risks others are now taking in order to fulfil our online orders.
Yes I've also read about immediate openings for King Soopers. I know they can't keep up with the click list pickup/delivery. I'm scared to even attempt to go back to the grocery store at this point. I went to get vitamins for my son (I was almost out and they had been out of stock since the craziness began) the other day at Sam's Club and it was ridiculous to see how many people were out shopping (and they even adjusted store hours to restock)!

Reactions: Joeli7
These big corporations like UPS have no problem sending workers into this chaos. Not surprised because UPS is greedy and ignorant.
I get where you're coming from. But certain facilities like mail services such as ups usps fed ex are considered "necessities" the way groceries or energy companies or hospitals or fire stations or transportation services have to stay open and active. There are people out there who have to rely on the mail to receive food and/or medical supplies. It seems unfair but consider your husband as a hero that he has to go out and do his job in the midst of a pandemic to help those in need.

I get where you're coming from. But certain facilities like mail services such as ups usps fed ex are considered "necessities" the way groceries or energy companies or hospitals or fire stations or transportation services have to stay open and active. There are people out there who have to rely on the mail to receive food and/or medical supplies. It seems unfair but consider your husband as a hero that he has to go out and do his job in the midst of a pandemic to help those in need.

I agree. I work in gas transportation. We have to keep operating, or people will have no gas to heat their homes. Naturally, there WILL be people who will be required to continue to go to work.

All office workers are required to work from home. I am planning to cancel some field work where I had planned to be on site in order to prevent our front line technicians who are essential to operations from catching anything if I somehow become a carrier of the virus.

I see delivery personnel (whether UPS, Amazon, grocery delivery, etc) in the same way - without them, a lot of people will be cut off. Some people rely on those services to have things delivered. Not everyone is able to get food themselves nor do they have people who can help them - this is their only way to ride out this virus at home. We need to protect those delivery people, just like their employers need to do everything in their power to protect their staff.

Is this a good time to go on a shopping spree and have LV delivered? Probably not. But those delivery personnel will continue to be appreciated by many all over as they deliver groceries, ready made meals, essential items, medication, etc which are needed in this time of crisis.

I agree. I work in gas transportation. We have to keep operating, or people will have no gas to heat their homes. Naturally, there WILL be people who will be required to continue to go to work.

All office workers are required to work from home. I am planning to cancel some field work where I had planned to be on site in order to prevent our front line technicians who are essential to operations from catching anything if I somehow become a carrier of the virus.

I see delivery personnel (whether UPS, Amazon, grocery delivery, etc) in the same way - without them, a lot of people will be cut off. Some people rely on those services to have things delivered. Not everyone is able to get food themselves nor do they have people who can help them - this is their only way to ride out this virus at home. We need to protect those delivery people, just like their employers need to do everything in their power to protect their staff.

Is this a good time to go on a shopping spree and have LV delivered? Probably not. But those delivery personnel will continue to be appreciated by many all over as they deliver groceries, ready made meals, essential items, medication, etc which are needed in this time of crisis.
Good point and the delivery of essential goods should be prioritised. I saw something about Amazon putting such measures in place but I guess it can sometimes be difficult to determine where to draw the line.

Reactions: EveyB and karman
Good point and the delivery of essential goods should be prioritised. I saw something about Amazon putting such measures in place but I guess it can sometimes be difficult to determine where to draw the line.
I know mail will continue to be delivered so I started wiping down our mailbox outside every morning as a part of my daily doorknob/light switch/high touch area cleaning routine. I appreciate our mailman still being out there and ensuring we still get mail. I can't protect him any other way, but if it's in my control, I'll do it!

You are aware that to „shop online“ there are people that have to work so that stock is presented and uploaded on the website, pack your order at the point of shipping, bring your order to your door...

Just because you don‘t have to leave your house to shop doesn‘t mean other people are not being put at higher risks because of the orders you are placing.

A member stated just a few posts above yours that her husband is a delivery driver. I cannot imagine the fear she has for him, having to go to work every day. I feel utterly privileged that my husband can work from home at the moment. And I think we should definitely think twice in these difficult times before ordering anything. What is really so essential that it couldn‘t wait for a few weeks to maybe spare a lot of people from a lot of pain?

Thanks for the lecture-hope it made you feel better. My point was not about doing frivolous shopping, but as many stated, some need to do online shopping as they're elderly and can't go out. And this is going to last a lot longer than two weeks as some others replied when they said things about waiting. We're not all young people on here-I'm in my id 60's and can't go out to shop. SMDH

Last edited:
We must have a very different curriculum here. History and geography (is that what you mean by map and globes skills?) are taught way before age of 16! French too, but I’m in Canada so that difference is a given.

All LV stores in Ontario have closed. I’m waiting for the rest of the country to follow suit. Not sure why we haven’t. I sent the staff at the LV store here a couple dozen cupcakes today, they must be feeling down with all the uncertainty (and needless to say, all the other retail, part time, health care, restaurant, delivery, etc etc workers)
Sadly this is the US...when I was in school, there was NO geography class offered. I went to a public school that had good rating and well respected in the community. I took geography as a elective class in college!

Reactions: karman
+1 Thank you @AmbrosiaL and @LV_4ever for your understanding :hugs:.
I really sympathize with you since your husband is definitely in the thick of it with sick people constantly in the ER.
Thank you for saying this @AmbrosiaL -my thoughts exactly. I'm the member who posted about her husband being a UPS driver. This week he is on vacation. But, next week he has to deliver probably what will be comparable to Christmas volume. I just have my faith to go on. But, he will be completely exposed everyday all day and I don't have any control over it. These big corporations like UPS have no problem sending workers into this chaos. Not surprised because UPS is greedy and ignorant.

@PurseAddict728 and @LV_4ever: my thoughts are with both of you and your husbands and I agree with @Soniaa, it is heroic to be out there at the moment and to help those in need, be it in the health sector or to get the necessities they are no longer able to acquire themselves. I am so thankful for both of your husbands and everyone (in any other sector that is indispensable) who is still keeping up the courageous work. Thank you so much! All I am wishing for is that this pandemic is over soon and that everyone acts as thoughtful as possible so that the people still having to work out there will stay in good health.

Thanks for the lecture-hope it made you feel better. My point was not about doing frivolous shopping, but as many stated, some need to do online shopping as they're elderly and can't go out. And this is going to last a lot longer than two weeks as some others replied when they said things about waiting. We're not all young people on here-I'm in my id 60's and can't go out to shop. SMDH

Thank you for making clear what your point really was - I actually thought that it was about ordering luxury items, given I read your comment in a thread about the LV stores being closed. And I would really not like anyone to be encouraged to order anything but actually necessary items in these days of a pandemic.

I am very thankful for everyone still working (like @PurseAddict728 ‘s husband as I stated in my post before). They are courageously maintaining the supply of necessities to everyone who is not able to acquire them otherwise, like you stated yourself you cannot. I am happy that these infrastructures are still intact and glad that you will be in supply of what you need. And I am hoping that the carrier sector will be supported by measures to make sure they are not overwhelmed with purchases that can surely wait a few weeks (like a beautiful new LV!) but can focus on the important deliveries.

Our schools & malls are closed. Our governor just allowed wine & beer delivery with ordered meals. I’m working from home & feel lucky I am able to. Others in my company aren’t so lucky. I’m not ordering anything online unless we need it. I had to order TP online because I was tired of looking for it everywhere. Bought a couple rolls at the local corner store & left the rest for others. It’s being restocked at most stores now thankfully. The reason I’m not ordering is to lighten the load of already overburdened delivery services trying to get everyone what they need.

My CA texted me today to check in. Luckily she is able to work from home as well. Best wishes to all in these uncertain times. Eat your veggies & vitamins. I hope you & yours all stay healthy & happy :flowers:

Yep! Everyone needs to do their part and that includes watching out for others. I know someone who works in the er and she said they are being forced to recollect n95's, clean them, and then reuse them in case they run out due to panic hoarding as well as the fact that the government isn't providing the sufficient equipment they need, meanwhile telling the media and general public that everything is under control and is being contained...it's a bigger mess than what we're seeing or what's being shown! There's also people acting out on asian locals here because of this fear that's been instilled on everyone's minds. That's why we all need to be working together...we're all in it together...have a little bit more of patience, tolerance, and empathy...

There's also people acting out on asian locals here because of this fear that's been instilled on everyone's minds.
Yep... I experienced that myself today. I had to pick up a prescription so I went to the drugstore. Haven’t been out since our city advised everyone to stay home if they can.

Another customer made a dramatic show of stopping in the aisle as I approached and turning her entire body away from me as I walked by and only got out of her cowering position after I’d passed her. I know it was just me because she was bounding past other non-Asians behind me to meet her cashier friend up front.

As if my race/appearance makes me any more likely to be a carrier than every other person in that drugstore.

some people make me sick.