Store vs E-Lux

the SA's do not get commission, so don't think they suck up to you for that. :rolleyes:

and in a sales associate (to any company/brand)'s defense, we DO give a sh*t because we want you to come back and continue to shop with the company. if we really didn't care, and snubbed everyone that came in - even walmart/etc, then everyone would be out of business. even the associates that work on elux have to care about your order too.. otherwise they could just take your credit card number and spend it on things THEY want instead of what YOU want. Remember, be nice to SA's.. especially those you hand your credit card and information to.. we hold a lot of valuable private and personal information!!

So you think that most SA's would use our personal info to punish us if we are not nice?:shrugs: Lol. I know that is not what you meant, but it sounded funny.

So you think that most SA's would use our personal info to punish us if we are not nice?:shrugs: Lol. I know that is not what you meant, but it sounded funny.

haha well.. it's possible.. but no one i know has done it. i was just saying that since stores/brands/companies like LV and such, hold so much personal and private information.. that people should just watch what they say sometimes. karma you know?

I heard the eLux has more made in USA items and the boutiques have the made in France (other countries). Any truth to that?

Forgive me if this has been answered already. No, not true. I bought a BH in the Chicago store and it was made in the US. 2 LV's from eLux were made in France and Spain.

As others have said, many of us don't have the luxury of being within a reasonable distance to a boutique where we can look over and compare lots of bags. The nearest shop to me is 4.5 hours drive away. Online shopping is the only practical way to obtain some items. Don't assume everyone has the same options.

Otherwise they could just take your credit card number and spend it on things THEY want instead of what YOU want. Remember, be nice to SA's.. especially those you hand your credit card and information to.. we hold a lot of valuable private and personal information!!

I don't think being nice to a SA who had credit card theft on their mind would prevent them from fraud if they really wanted to do it. I would think that it is more likely concern for their employed status that keeps them honest.

It's been very insightful reading the replies of this thread. I remember there were thoughts when online shopping was introduced that fashion wouldn't be as popular online due to lack of the 'shopping' experience you get at stores.

Eluxury doesn't ship to Australia, so we miss out big time :sad: Having said that, I have a great relationship with several SAs at store near me, and that's probably something I wouldn't compromise. Even when I travel and buy LV in some other city, I feel guilty for not buying it in Brisbane to contribute to the SAs' budgets :lol:

i prefer online as I can luxuriate in the time I spend agonising and lusting after the stuff/bags. In a real store, I always feel like the SAs are short of time and feel bad everytime I want another look. When online, you just click and magnify and stare as long as your want... you can always go into the brick and mortar store for a quick feel if in doubt. If no one bought online, the retailers are going to stop spending R&D to beef up the online retail experience.... and it may come to a point where we are going to find it hard to pull up images of the next It bag!