Store Manager claims TPF has alot of "wrong information"........

BagSlave

Jan 10, 2008
So I got into a little tiff with a store manager....she claims I shouldn't believe everything I read on here because alot of it is **wrong** (concerning when nickle HW on carly comes out).......I actually disagree with her

I learnt more on here about coach products that any SA could ever tell in terms of style, leather, new releases, etc.....

So here was what the tiff was about......starting 2 weeks ago I asked about the large leather carly with nickle HW and when its coming in.....I live in Canada so I didnt know if the release date would be different from the US....

I asked 2 seperate SA's about this at 2 seperate times and both said they have not heard such a carly was coming, maybe the US does early releases compared to here, and basically they couldnt help me

I go into to use my PCE this wednesday and even before I actaully used it, I ask another SA again about the carly.....same response.....so I figure the carly isnt going to make it to my store before the PCE is over so I went ahead and used it that day

I leave. A friend from work ends up going to the same store and also asked about the same bag. Now she's told it would be out on the floor on FRIDAY....didnt I just ask this same question......with no response...

So i go home that evening and call up the store and explained what happened....I feel totally mislead because had any of the 3 SA's I asked told me the carly would be there on friday I obviously would have waited to use my PCE....and asked if I would be able to return what I bought, get my PCE back and wait until friday to buy it all back WITH the carly..

Apparently this has turned into a "let me talk to the person higher up" situation and so far I talked to 2 "managers"....1 of them asked me where I heard this information that it was going to out on the floor Friday and asked if it was TPF....i told her no but she kept saying how I shouldnt believe everything I read, how there is so much wrong information on here, etc. (like her SA's know any better right??)

At this point I am extremely frustrated because I do not think I am in the wrong.....i mean I asked the store 3 times before I used my PCE (one time on the day before my PCE purchases were rung up)....

Sorry for the rant.....but am I being unresonable?.....dont think I'm going to be dealing with that store location anymore and this situation has turned it to way more then its worth

Last edited:
That's ridiculous. If you as a customer are getting told one thing and another person is getting told something else, those SAs are TOTALLY at fault and they should know better. I hope you're able to get the bag you want.

You are not being unreasonable; you are a customer and they should try to find this information out if they were not certain. I hope your get your Carly!

The manager said she would call me back with the district manager in tow and let them hear my situation........

It shouldnt be this hard to fix a mistake their SA's made....NOT me.....

I think Im just going to have to end up getting the carly at full price at another location because I cant deal with trying to explain how I do not think Im wrong in this situation to this manager

Well, I think they all need to sit down and get their info straight. I know on our coach website(if different in canada) if you look at the leather carly info, its available in black leather with the nickel hardware. That means its available. There is nothing added saying a specific date to come. I think you should tell them to check their own companies website. If black is the color you were looking for. Good Luck.

No, you're not being unreasonable at all. I have also learned so much from TPF than I could ever hope to learn from any SA at Coach.

I am in Toronto, and there is one store here where I hesitate to shop at any more because of incompetent SAs.

I returned my new bleeker bag last monday because the first one totally fell apart and was no longer excited about it so I traded it in for black leather carly with the brass but kept asking about the silver even though I knew about it and they didn't. So then I still have the tags on the Carly with brass and see that on the Website it now comes in on Black and Silver like I wanted. So then I call the nearest Coach store and they said it was in but had to search 66 boxes for it lol I went to the store yesterday and exchanged my brass for the silver carly and they didn't seem happy about it either. Totally acted as if they were doing me a favor. I didn't really want another Coach bag but need to use my store credit because I couldn't get a refund on my Visa. I am selling of my summer bags on ebay and will probably keep my Carly but I am so done with Coach. I want one of the legacy bags but it's not worth the money and I am tired of the Boutiques in how I get treated. I am officially gonna stay with LV in the future, quality bags and the service I deserve for spending the kind of money that I do.

Carrie

The manager said she would call me back with the district manager in tow and let them hear my situation........

It shouldnt be this hard to fix a mistake their SA's made....NOT me.....

I think Im just going to have to end up getting the carly at full price at another location because I cant deal with trying to explain how I do not think Im wrong in this situation to this manager

I think the manager should apply the PCE discount towards your exchange since you did purchase with PCE without getting the DM involved.

I'm sorry you have to go through all this hassle. I hope it does work out.

I returned my new bleeker bag last monday because the first one totally fell apart and was no longer excited about it so I traded it in for black leather carly with the brass but kept asking about the silver even though I knew about it and they didn't. So then I still have the tags on the Carly with brass and see that on the Website it now comes in on Black and Silver like I wanted. So then I call the nearest Coach store and they said it was in but had to search 66 boxes for it lol I went to the store yesterday and exchanged my brass for the silver carly and they didn't seem happy about it either. Totally acted as if they were doing me a favor. I didn't really want another Coach bag but need to use my store credit because I couldn't get a refund on my Visa. I am selling of my summer bags on ebay and will probably keep my Carly but I am so done with Coach. I want one of the legacy bags but it's not worth the money and I am tired of the Boutiques in how I get treated. I am officially gonna stay with LV in the future, quality bags and the service I deserve for spending the kind of money that I do.

Carrie

Carrie,

I am totally feeling the same way...with this carly I am DONE with coach....unless its on ebay or something....NO MORE BOUTIQUE....

TPF has been my source of accurate info about coach. I think they should give you the pce on the silver hardware carly without all the bs.
I hope it all works out for you.

It's pretty rediculous in this case since there were pictures of a carly with silver hardware a few weeks ago. Kind of hard to construe that as "wrong information". Plus, it was on the coach website as of Weds.

On the other hand, I can imagine it's frustrating to be an SA that's supposed to be knowledgeable (and probably generally is) and have a customer know more about your product than you do. Especially if they have information that you don't have access to. Coach seems to be generally mismanaging a lot these days, so it's easy for me to believe that they aren't very good at informing their SAs about upcoming styles. Hopefully they'll start being more open with their employees (and customers!) and sharing the love. :smile: