Store Credit???

May 1, 2006
Has anyone ever returned anything to an MK store and received a store credit?

I returned a gift of earrings, with a gift receipt, and since there was nothing in the store I wanted I asked for a store credit. They brought out another person (I assume a manager) and she gave me what basically looks like a receipt. It doesn't really say store credit on it...and I'm afraid if I try to use it in the future that I'll get strange comments/looks since it really just looks like a receipt.

Am I being crazy here? Thanks.

Nope, you're not crazy and you'll be fine when you go to use the credit. I have a 'store credit' too and it looks just like a receipt. My DD was Christmas shopping with her Grandmother and I asked her to pick up a charm for me. I gave her the cash for the charm, however, DD mistakenly purchased the wrong one, which was $10.00 more. I went the next day to see if they had the charm I wanted so I could exchange it and luckily they did. The SA said the charms were 'flying out of the store'. Because I paid in cash and there was a $10.60 refund due to me, I was told they don't give cash refunds in the store (they can mail you a check which I was told takes a loooong time), so I was given a store credit receipt for $10.60!! I didn't know they didn't give cash back when you pay cash for something, as I always use my debit card (hardly ever have cash on hand). Anyway, my store credit looks just like yours, but I would check on it often because the ink fades on that thermal paper and $10 or not, I don't want to loose it because you can't read the receipt anymore. Because of this and their terrible return/exchange policy (you have 14 days from the date of purchase), I prefer to purchase my MK items at Nordstrom or Macys, but the MK Boutique was the only place that carried this charm. I don't understand why they don't have the plastic crards for gift cards or store credits like everyone else. Sorry, didn't mean for my response to be so long!

Thanks so much! I think it's crazy they give receipts as a store credit. Don't they have gift cards? I would think it would be a better practice to put a credit on a plastic card, but oh well.

I wanted to exchange the earrings I got for the golden buckle bangle, but they didn't have it.

I just received one like this today. I,too, will try to purchase from a dept. store only, as i find their customer service and polices horrific. I returned an item with a gift receipt today and was told that I could not get store credit, only exchange instore. I argued because the receipt and a plaque right at the register said store credit could be given. Finally after arguing, I got my store credit.