Store Credit

litostar

O.G.
May 11, 2011
Hi all,

So I have a question regarding store credit and seeing if anyone can help me.

I did a worldwide search for an item a few months back where full payment is required here in Canada, and this was done prior to my quota bag was offer. My SA came back and told me the item is unavailable so now I have a store credit. I was wondering when using the credit to purchase something, would the new item bought be considered part of my new pre spend for my next bag?
So my credit I have is $2000 and I plan to use it for a watch that’s about $4000.

thank you!

I am confused -- you pre-paid for something, they can't find it / deliver it, and you only got store credit back? It seems outrageous to me -- why can't they just refund your money? It seems like Hermes got an interest-free loan from you there.
Lol Yeaa anything purchased from the store cannot be refunded, only store credit given...I think we may also be the only place that required full payment to do a worldwide search

Lol Yeaa anything purchased from the store cannot be refunded, only store credit given...I think we may also be the only place that required full payment to do a worldwide search

Wow, that's annoying. In that case, I would imagine it's the 4-2k = 2k that will be counted as 'new' spend.

Reactions: litostar
Just wanted to comment that I know someone who did a worldwide search on something that was a little under $1K CAD. They couldn't get it for her, but she got refunded her money (not credit). This is such a good question btw!
Oh really? Weird, maybe my SA knew I would be buying stuff down the road and said it would be a credit towards my next purchase, I’m not sure. I would rather get it as a refund and use it later, then it would probably count as new pre spend but then my SA would probably be like why if I’m going to use it anyways.

Reactions: icedcoffee
Oh really? Weird, maybe my SA knew I would be buying stuff down the road and said it would be a credit towards my next purchase, I’m not sure. I would rather get it as a refund and use it later, then it would probably count as new pre spend but then my SA would probably be like why if I’m going to use it anyways.

I feel very indignant on your behalf, I think it's outrageous. Please try to push for a refund, how can it be lawful.

If they did a worldwide search and you gave them money UP FRONT to do it BUT they could NOT find the item, you have not purchased anything. Therefore, you have not returned anything nor changed your mind. Hermes should refund your money immediately.

I have done many a WWS and the deposit is always refundable....you should be able to get a full refund on your deposits, I would have a word to your SA about this.

I feel very indignant on your behalf, I think it's outrageous. Please try to push for a refund, how can it be lawful.

If they did a worldwide search and you gave them money UP FRONT to do it BUT they could NOT find the item, you have not purchased anything. Therefore, you have not returned anything nor changed your mind. Hermes should refund your money immediately.

I have done many a WWS and the deposit is always refundable....you should be able to get a full refund on your deposits, I would have a word to your SA about this.

thanks for the info! Do you think it might strain my relationship with my SA if I were to ask for a refund? Since she just said I will be using it anyways and I was like yes I’m sure I will end up using it later on so just took her word and it’s been sitting there as a credit so far.

I guess it’s not worth it then...just keep it there and I’ll use it. It was just a matter or whether it was part of my new pre spend or not (which from the sound of it it won’t be since it was prior to my bag offer) thank you!
I’m guessing it helped you get that bag offer so the “favor” of the spend has already been “used”. Although in this case it’s not your fault, it’s similar to if you had bought something, got a quota bag a few days later, and then returned the original item for store credit. When you then spend that credit, it doesn’t help you toward your next bag (and in fact, a large return right after a quota bag purchase is one of the quickest ways to nuke your SA relationship. Again, not applicable to you but hopefully helpful if this thread is ever searched for in the future. :smile:)

Last edited: