Store Bought vs Reseller Bought - How Does it Feel?

Ingénue Sophie;2117913 said:
:roflmfao: I do all this too! You had me literally laughing in front of the computer here. Why do we all suck our tummies in when we're looking in the mirror? It's just us!:smile:

Well for myself ever since having 2 children I refuse to even GLANCE in a mirror without taking a HUGE breath and sucking le'tummy in. Does wonders for posture though I frankly have no idea how I look when just walking down the street. Probably not nearly as chic as I did in the mirror with my new bag and tummy sucked in! :nuts:

I have not bought from a reseller, but if you don't mind the marked up price and don't doubt the bag's authenticity, it seems that is a real alternative.
I have always loved the buying experience at Hermes, especially Paris FSH at Christmas time when it was so festive and where I really enjoyed the macarons and tea and meeting a fellow tpf'er in person. But in the end, I think a bag is a bag, and if I love the bag I wouldn't mind buying it anywhere, so long as I am OK with the price and don't worry about authenticity.

^^ Thank YOU!

Kou - Hermes will pretty much give you anything you request if you request it nicely. I've had coffee, wine, champagne and yes even tea. I was pregnant and honestly it may have been brought in from another place as it did take a few minutes longer than normal. But I've found that a pregnant woman gets spoiled rotten at these luxury stores. Probably helps that I am super nice to everyone each and every time. They offer my children water each time I am in the store also and each gets her own bottle.

That is so nice of them!!! I also like it when stores are receptive to children and pets.:yes:

I know I'm totally off topic but Hermes has TEA readily available????? I've only been offered water ... (in a nice Cristol St. Louis glass tho).

Gah, I LOVE tea ... I'll bet tea from Hermes tastes much better too.

Kou who can't get over the tea thing

Kou, we've tea over here too. No champagne. One day when I want to celebrate at my store, I might have to bring my own! :roflmfao:

I don't think I can ever quite go through resellers unless it's a bag that is non-pink and that I absolutely cannot get anywhere else. So for example, if a reseller has a Cobalt Blue Ostrich HAC 28cm and I'm done with my collection and I have the funds, then yeah I'll probably go through a reseller ...

Even then, I don't think I'll ever rest until i've brought my bag to be examined by every craftsperson (BH, NYC, SG, etc) ...

I just wanted to add when I first started buying Hermes bags, I didn't get them from the store, and it was nervewracking. I was very lucky to find a good reseller, though, and after the first two I became very comfortable. I still have them looked at, but I don't always dash right to the store. I'm learning to "take it slow"!

I'm a little quirky when it comes to seeing a brand new Birkin/Kelly. The advantage of getting a shipment in the privacy of my home is that I can jump up and down, without any cares. In the store, I have to contain my excitement when I'm mostly ready to burst in screams.

I'm a little quirky when it comes to seeing a brand new Birkin/Kelly. The advantage of getting a shipment in the privacy of my home is that I can jump up and down, without any cares. In the store, I have to contain my excitement when I'm mostly ready to burst in screams.

I totally know what you mean. One of the time when I got my bag, I accidentally swore in excitement. Thankfully, they didn't hear me.:shame:

i don't have a hermes bag yet but i find this thread so interesting and omg

suck my stomach in and stand in front of the mirror

i thought i was the only one who did that. i even did it to take pics for the hermes in action thread. :shame:

Wow. I did not like my store experience. The SA put on airs and was impatient with me and impertinent. It was a horrible experience. I ended up buying what I wanted from another store over the telephone. My favorite Hermes boutique is hands down St. Tropez. Second is Norita airport.

I agree there is nothing like buying a bag from the boutique. I have only bought vintage bags from resellers. While I don't worry too much about authenticity since the bags are oldr or not popular models, I still have to find the blindstamps, make sure that all the HW is marked, and give the bag a once over to make sure I got what I paid for.

Gazoo described going to the boutique perfectly. All the SAs ooh and ahh...the smell of leather that has not been in the open air..all the other customers wishing they were you at that moment...the champagne or sparkling water....the swishing of the largest orange shopping bag in the world!!!!

I think it's an experience for all the senses when going to the boutique!

don't have any reseller bags, but i agree the boutique experience was fun (for me at least). i thought i was there 30 min but i was only at the store for 10 min before i walked out with a HUGE orange bag. walking with that large bag was fun cos i opted to leave my bag in it and i couldn't wait to get home and reopen the box and undo the tissue and the large dustbag and start using it already!!!

Well...I was gonna say that buying from the H store is a wonderful experience that is so much more exciting the the big brown box on your front porch...but I think I need to start going to these other H stores- champagne, tea, sparkling water- I want some liquid pampering too!!!