Storage ideas ~ Belts

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hiya,

Does anyone have any good ideas for storing belts? I have them all on one shelf in my wardrobe but need to put clothes on this shelf now as i don't have enough space i wondered if anyone has any innovative ideas of storage as i don't have a lot of space??

*It would be a good idea to get a bigger flat but I spend my wages on clothes, shoes and handbags instead so i live in a shoebox!

xoxo

2. i roll mine up (so they are spirals) and then place them in a wicker basket on a shelf. i don't have that many belts though :P

3. I have hanger made for belts.

4. there are some tie hangers that would be greant for belts.. or you can streamline them on a hanger or hook behind your clothes in the closet.

5. I hang mine on a hook on the inside of my closet door :smile:

6. I have a plastic hanger made for belts, but I hate it because they always fall off - I recommend using an over the door hanger or a wall hanger- I am switching mine over once I move.

7. I also have a hanger made for belts. Very helpful and takes the least amount of room IMO. :yes:

8. I have hooks that i bought at ikea and i hang them on the outside or inside of my closet door.

9. I have hooks on the wall of my walk-in where I can put scarves (not delicate ones, obviously :sweatdrop:), belts and certain bags. :smile: I think any hooks would work well... you can get them in most home good stores. :smile:

10. I have one of the plastic stackable drawers for belts.

11. I roll them up and put them in plastic storage containers in my closet. You know...the clear containers with lids, you can get them cheap at wal-mart. I do this with scarves, and shoes w/o original boxes too, and it makes it look nice and organized.

12. I found this fabulous hanger from IKEA that I use to store my belts and scarves. It is slim and absolutely perfect since I have VERY limited wardrobe space... It is 'lined' with soft cloth which is great for my more delicate scarves. Best thing is how cheap it was ($10)!
    Here is the link for the US store:
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70108912

HTH

13. I use a tie hanger which has many rows so i simply hook all my belts on through their buckles.