Stop the madness! Help pick my classics please.

Which Chanel GST + Prada tote combo (both gold hw) do you like better?

• Black GST + Beige Prada tote

• Beige GST + Black Prada tote

Results are only viewable after voting.

scaredycat

O.G.
Jun 15, 2009
Well after 3.5 years of collecting, I finally figured out that I just need the basics for now. I have been through the hoops of a few designers, firstly LV, then Gucci, Dior, Balenciaga and lately Chanel. I don't think I will venture into the H land (except for cheaper accessories lol).

So I am revising my collection to hopefully end up with these:

Color:
Black - not sure Chanel GST or Prada Tote
Beige - not sure Chanel GST or Prada Tote
Burgundy - LV Suhali Le Talenteux in Plum (have it! May change to LV Alma Vernis Amarante if the MM size comes in)
Red - Chanel small vintage flap (have it!)
White - maybe a Gucci bag or a preloved Chanel Jumbo
Fun pop (pink or royal blue!) - this is where I will have fun - change it up depending on the trend or my mood :smile:
Brown - LV Damier Ebene 35 (have it!)

Anyway, I need help with the GST and Prada colors.

Black GST or Beige Prada?
Beige GST or Black Prada?

Black Prada and beige Chanel is my choice.
For a pop colour bag, I think a Lady Dior would be great.

Thanks Mary G!

Love Lady Diors - hopefully my future budget will allow for it.
I kinda struck Diors off my list because in the past, I have bought and sold bags and found that Diors do not have great resale value (Panarea and new lock pouch is what I still currently have and will be on my chopping black - MODs not trying to sell here).

I don't know the answer to this but do you have a preference for which bag will used in the warmer months (I refer to the beige) and which bag will be used in the cooler months (refer to the black)?

You can certainly find a great black bag in almost any premier designers, but a good shade of beige that works for YOU is really hard to come by. I went for the Beige GST + black Prada tote, love how Chanel do their beige, and black looks great with Prada's Saffiano textile. TBH, I would go with the one the offers best beige that works for me, then get the black bag from the other company :flowers: Just my two cents.

You can certainly find a great black bag in almost any premier designers, but a good shade of beige that works for YOU is really hard to come by. I went for the Beige GST + black Prada tote, love how Chanel do their beige, and black looks great with Prada's Saffiano textile. TBH, I would go with the one the offers best beige that works for me, then get the black bag from the other company :flowers: Just my two cents.

Thanks Classic Chic....I had thought about it this way a i do think the chanel beige Clair is just gorgeous...and i do love how the black prada tote is so chic as well... I was worried if i went for beige GST I'd still want the black one as well....which then eats up my whole bag budget for a long time :smile:

Black GST and beige Prada.

I don't have beige Chanel because I have seen many Chanel bags with color transfer, mostly from jeans. I guess GST is more a casual bag and will be worn with jeans and dark colors clothes therefore will get discoloration fast.
I have many black Chanels and no problems with discoloration.

I also have beige Prada tote (not saffiano, it's calf leather I think, not sure). And it's one casual bag I wear all summer long with anything including jeans too. No color problems.

Therefore my choice would be Black Chanel and Beige Prada. ;)

Thanks Classic Chic....I had thought about it this way a i do think the chanel beige Clair is just gorgeous...and i do love how the black prada tote is so chic as well... I was worried if i went for beige GST I'd still want the black one as well....which then eats up my whole bag budget for a long time :smile:

there is always pre own black GST :graucho: Clair is a sought after beige in many Chanel collector's eyes, certainly a big improvement from the deep butter scotch beige they had before :P I personally think the Saffiano shows great in black, but if you are thinking of soft leather tote then stick with the beige that works for you. Have you thought about a Celine luggage in beige w/black or a more affordable Reed Krakoff? I'm not sure about their durability, but the price point is pretty attractive with it's design and options :graucho:

something like this http://www.polyvore.com/reed_krakoff_boxer_collection/collection?id=1488503
http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...+Krakoff&N=4294911424+306418110&bmUID=jNbDeDZ

Last edited:
Black GST and beige Prada.

I don't have beige Chanel because I have seen many Chanel bags with color transfer, mostly from jeans. I guess GST is more a casual bag and will be worn with jeans and dark colors clothes therefore will get discoloration fast.
I have many black Chanels and no problems with discoloration.

I also have beige Prada tote (not saffiano, it's calf leather I think, not sure). And it's one casual bag I wear all summer long with anything including jeans too. No color problems.

Therefore my choice would be Black Chanel and Beige Prada. ;)

Omg, I'm so bad, I've just realized that I actually have a beige clair Chanel bag! Lol, it's a petite timeless tote that has been discontinued already.
But I wear it only with light clothes mostly in summer. No jeans.

there is always pre own black GST :graucho: Clair is a sought after beige in many Chanel collector's eyes, certainly a big improvement from the deep butter scotch beige they had before :P I personally think the Saffiano shows great in black, but if you are thinking of soft leather tote then stick with the beige that works for you. Have you thought about a Celine luggage in beige w/black or a more affordable Reed Krakoff? I'm not sure about their durability, but the price point is pretty attractive with it's design and options :graucho:

something like this http://www.polyvore.com/reed_krakoff_boxer_collection/collection?id=1488503
http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...+Krakoff&N=4294911424+306418110&bmUID=jNbDeDZ

I'm starting to think that I should go for black Chanel, beige prada. My style is usually a little edgy, and the black gives off that vibe while the GST beige to me, is very feminine. then my beige could be the LV Alma in patent Vernis (somehow I find that bag 'edgy' especially the bigger size...I would wait for the rumoured middle size). And maybe for Prada I should get another neutral color like grey or it could be my pop of color (bright blue or pink?). Still so confused lol.

Thanks for help and the links, I really appreciate it. Better stick to Chanel and Prada first as I now I'll still want them :smile:

Omg, I'm so bad, I've just realized that I actually have a beige clair Chanel bag! Lol, it's a petite timeless tote that has been discontinued already.
But I wear it only with light clothes mostly in summer. No jeans.

LOL! You are too funny! So jealous that you can forget you have a certain Chanel bag :smile:....The PST is totally cute! I had considered that, but before I could make up my mind, they discontinued it. Thanks for your help!

LOL! You are too funny! So jealous that you can forget you have a certain Chanel bag :smile:....The PST is totally cute! I had considered that, but before I could make up my mind, they discontinued it. Thanks for your help!

Oh lol, it's because I've exchanged bags with my mom but forget to wear it, going to wear it tomorrow ! :smile:
She doesn't like the PTT because it hurts her shoulders so she took my PST and gave me her PTT.

PTT is different from PST. Heres a topic on it http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/petit-timeless-tote-ptt-petit-shopping-tote-pst-204276-2.html

Oh lol, it's because I've exchanged bags with my mom but forget to wear it, going to wear it tomorrow ! :smile:
She doesn't like the PTT because it hurts her shoulders so she took my PST and gave me her PTT.

PTT is different from PST. Heres a topic on it http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/petit-timeless-tote-ptt-petit-shopping-tote-pst-204276-2.html

Love4H...I think the PTT was Rachel Bilson's fave bag at some point? It is super cute but alas, also discontinued.

OK folks..thanks all for your help...The Black GST is ahead and guess what? That is what I will go for! I will hold off on the Prada because I just found my HG color for the Alma Vernis - the Bleu Nuit! Once I have that and the GST I will be happy with my collection....well at least until the summer :smile:

Thanks again!

I'm starting to think that I should go for black Chanel, beige prada. My style is usually a little edgy, and the black gives off that vibe while the GST beige to me, is very feminine. then my beige could be the LV Alma in patent Vernis (somehow I find that bag 'edgy' especially the bigger size...I would wait for the rumoured middle size). And maybe for Prada I should get another neutral color like grey or it could be my pop of color (bright blue or pink?). Still so confused lol.

Thanks for help and the links, I really appreciate it. Better stick to Chanel and Prada first as I now I'll still want them :smile:

No problem, we are all here to enable er I mean help ;) I personally have an Alma MM in Rose, pretty beige with pink. The only caution I want to share about Vernis is that it is impossible to redye it, in case there is color transfer. Either way, it's always fun to find the perfect bag. :biggrin: