Stonewash Blue Nikki arrived but not perfect...

I came home from work to find a box that looked like it went through a war zone and had been taped back up again. It was a reused box with someone else's return info on it to RM. I sure don't want my info going to anyone like that. It looked like it had been a return, the plastic bag it came in was very wrinkled and used. I still had hopes, thinking maybe they were just trying to recycle, but the bag has slight imperfections in the leather that look like they were "fixed". Almost like burn marks or deep scratches, but very slight. It is something that could happen with a few weeks wear. Other than the 4 or so small fixed marks, the bag is gorgeous.
I don't know if I should keep it or send it back for a "new" replacement. I think spending full price, that the bag and even the packaging it came in should look GREAT! Is that too much to ask or am I being a brat?
Ugh, just don't know what to do. Especially since they might not even have a bag to replace it with since this was a special order.
Any suggestions? I'll take some pics with my phone after dinner.
boo!:sad::sad:

hannahbananab

Jul 1, 2007
hmmm... I am very concerned about your description of the packing materials, not to mention the scuffs on the bag! I am very picky about the condition of my bags... and I think that paying full price + shipping should warrant decent packing materials and a "new" bag.... would love to see pics if you can....

Contessa

O.G.
Sep 25, 2007
Send it back pronto.

The packaging sounded like a complete disaster. This came directly from RM????

Contessa

O.G.
Sep 25, 2007
Hmmmm.......this sounds very bizarre. I can't imagine she sends her bags to celebs in this condition, do ya think??

seven7

Jun 1, 2008
I'm with everyone else on this, send it back ASAP. Especially if you paid full price the bag should be in new condition, covered up scuffs DEFINITELY do not make the bag fall in this category. You are the customer, so definitely let them know immediately, and send it back.

Mar 24, 2008
Long Island, NY
Oh lord, not again!!

I want to see pictures - but honestly, and I am speaking from experience here, probably just return in and come to terms with the reality that you may not get the bag you want.

This is just so sad.

Loquita

May 16, 2008
jackieusc,

I am so sorry about this! Take several good pics to document it and send them to Cory AND Codi to let them know how the box/bag look...this stinks.

No, on second thought -- it SUCKS.

And I have to agree with stillsearching in that you might just want to return the bag ASAP and ask for your $ back. Whether or not you will get it back in a timely fashion is another question entirely, unfortunately.

I wonder if RM/RM.com is aware that so many of us are less than thrilled with their CS? And if so, do they even care?

Miss Bev

Blue Morph
Feb 24, 2008
Youngstown OH
Sheesh! here we go again!

Send it back. That packaging and the scuff marks are unacceptable. Do people ever actually settle for a scuffed up bag if they paid $600?? It makes me feel like people must since they keep trying to pull it off and hope the person just accepts it! They are no longer that new of a company plus these standards are absurd for even a new business. There is really no excuse!

Sorry this happened to you! I hope you get your $ back or a new bag!

tanmon

May 8, 2008
Chicago, IL USA
I came home from work to find a box that looked like it went through a war zone and had been taped back up again. It was a reused box with someone else's return info on it to RM. I sure don't want my info going to anyone like that. It looked like it had been a return, the plastic bag it came in was very wrinkled and used. I still had hopes, thinking maybe they were just trying to recycle, but the bag has slight imperfections in the leather that look like they were "fixed". Almost like burn marks or deep scratches, but very slight. It is something that could happen with a few weeks wear. Other than the 4 or so small fixed marks, the bag is gorgeous.
I don't know if I should keep it or send it back for a "new" replacement. I think spending full price, that the bag and even the packaging it came in should look GREAT! Is that too much to ask or am I being a brat?
Ugh, just don't know what to do. Especially since they might not even have a bag to replace it with since this was a special order.
Any suggestions? I'll take some pics with my phone after dinner.
boo!:sad::sad:

wow, boo is right. i support rm's efforts to recycle shipping materials because the last thing our planet needs is yet another landfill clogged with recyclable cardboard boxes and styrafoam peanuts. however rm shoud have some discretion and recognize customers' right to privacy so remove the previous customer's shipping label and securely wrap the bag with care. :confused1:

and please post pics of the bag --- there doesn't seem to be anything slight about your description of the new bag's burn marks and deep scratches? :shrugs:

Loquita

May 16, 2008
^ITA with your comments about recycling shipping materials -- in fact, I would love it if RM did this on a regular basis, as long as customer privacy is respected and all of the packing materials are sufficiently sturdy.

May 7, 2008
SW Florida
UNACCEPTABLE!!! I say send it back and get what you paid for, a new and PERFECT bag!!! You will never be happy with the imperfections, and you shouldn't have to! Once again, RM's QC has failed terribly...seems like this is more and more becoming the norm!:tdown: