stone Mountain bags?

SuziAck

Aug 5, 2011
How is the quality of this brand? I saw some bags that look nice, but i have a negative impression of the brand overall. I'm not sure why. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Marie Lee

O.G.
Nov 21, 2009
midwest, USA
That was the 1st bag I ever bought 10 years ago that cost more than 20$. I used it heavily and abused it for about 6 years, 24/7, then started buying a variety of names. That stone mountain bag never got a corner rub color loss or any thing at all, so they are very well made. You might have a negative impression because reading TPF can do that to us. We think if we dont have Chanel or Bal or whatever, it's bad, this is silly. Last month I bought a LV and a fossil, big difference, both I love. learn early, get what you like, there are always plenty of lovers and haters of any name bag.

heather123

Nov 13, 2006
IRELAND
I kick myself now for not buying a Stone Mountain bag about five years ago. I picked it up in TK Maxx but put it down again as I had never heard of the brand. The bag was leather and pretty cheap and a really nice style. I've heard of the brand now and could give myself a really good kick in the *** for being so snobbish. Premier designers are all very well and I do love them but the SM would have been a really good everyday bag. Gah!

Jennifer_C

Shopaholic
Feb 15, 2011
Massachusetts USA
I have an emerald Guinevere, which I believe is an Allison Scott for Stone Mountain. I think it's a very nice bag - quality leather, rich details, attractive lining, etc. IMHO it's nicer than some of my B. Makowsky bags that were 3x the price. It's my only experience with the line but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

Mar 7, 2008
Stone Mountain is all my aunt carries and has as long as I can remember. If you find a style you like you should go for it as they seem to last forever. TJ Maxx is a good place to look, but you can also find incredible deals at your local department store. I've seen them 65%+ off regularly at our department store and sometimes with a coupon you can pay under $15 for some of the smaller ones.

heather123

Nov 13, 2006
IRELAND
The one I saw in TK Maxx cost about thirty euros. Since I'd never hard of the brand I presumed it must be rubbish. Bigger fool me.

Jessi319

champagne tastes
O.G.
Mar 20, 2011
a thrift shop in MI
Stone Mountain leather bags can be really nice. I think the older bags, like so many brands these days, may have used nicer leather than they have now on some bags, but over all, they are well worth their price.

Iwantaspybag

Aug 16, 2011
Secret location
I had one about 13 years ago. Selected it cause the leather was very nice. I was in school then and it was highly functional. My recollection is that bag took a beating and held up well. No idea what I did with that bag. I am in to lady like bags now so I probably would not buy another one, but it would not be from concerns about quality.

johnsmith0540

Oct 10, 2011
Quality is big issue while buying handbags. Your bag should be goof looking as well as it should be strong. If your bag is made up of low quality material then it's life is very small.