Stone in polished goatskin...

polkarol

Jul 21, 2008
Hi, I'm pretty new to the forum (not a lot of posts yet) but monitoring it every day. I really love it - very impresive how you girls created this nice community, all know each other and even meet in October!!!:woohoo:

I managed to get (with some help of authenticate thread) beautiful Emmy that I love. It's been a while ago and I completely got into Mulberry craze :smile:

Now I'm thinking and searching for Bayswater and Roxanne or Blenheim...
Well, I've just seen on Mulberry website Bayswater in Stone colour and Polished Goatskin leather...really love it:heart: but wanted to ask if anyone seen them in real life? Is the colour more brownish or greyish??? Also - leather itself - is it nice and pretty 'sturdy' or frail and delicate and would not survive a lot of every day bashing around the office???
How about water - is it similar to Darwin?

TIA!!! (I even learned some of your little acronyms here :supacool:)

Last edited:
Hi . I have one and I love it. It's dark brownish with sheen to it that comes from the polishing and matches the silver hardware. It's very light but very strong material. Some seconds are available ..possibly at Bicester if you want to save money!

thanks! that's a quick reply!!! I really hope it to be more greyish rather than brownish - just because my Emmy is chocolate with tan and I need black or grey to match some of the other outfits, let's say...

would you know if there is a colour in this kind of leather with silver hardware that is more in grey tones? And if yes, what would be the name of the colour?

Alison - I'm happy you say the leather is pretty strong...and unfortunately cannot see the outlet as I live in Amsterdam...but was thinking about going to UK in Oct maybe - just to buy a bag -my hubby doesn't understand that at all, I guess...

Flyvetjo - thanks for the welcome!!!

Whoa - welcome to the Mulberry Madhouse.

Cool, you live in Amsterdam! My favourite city (you'll probably see from one of the other threads that Hubby and I come out every year).

I would have said that the Stone Bayswater on the Mulberry website was more metallic greyish too judging by the photo on there. That colour is a bit misleading isn't it?

Ali - yes, I know you love Amsterdam...as I said, I've been following the forum very well for the last month or so...I know a lot of people in London who just fell in love with Amsterdam for its laid back style, quiet and charming atmosphere...and the canals and bikes of course!

Alison - if you could post the photo - it would be great! I sooo envy you this bag - but wihth my collection so small (I poor Emmy) cannot afford to have to in brown shades as sometimes you just need some other colours...You say ther should be some more in outlets...what are the prices of Bayswaters in outlets?

WnrATeAvliuaBpf8f2hLoBfXzBuH7rN90060.jpg
SIWc1FHBx4TtM-cJ7nCd5KkPv7VZcR520060.jpg
tD1N8sYvagwy+8k0GJP4boVY1lWd50il0060.jpg
1+wer0QsyEk8qrOCY5vxQjSEGzDesfSo0060.jpg
pxm3VxsLVNG4TBKupFR4Ockp-ES9JzlG0060.jpg

This took ages. I've decided the leather reminds me of the colour and texture of an elephant!

Last edited:
Thanks Alison! When you say it reminds you elephant - I would think more greyish...
Well, it's so hard when you cant't see the colour, I guess IRL...
I don't know - probably will have to wait till October or maybe after Christmas and actually go in person to UK and outlets and hope that on this particular day they will have sth I like...

Do you think that after Christmas is a good time for outlets? or maybe they have sales in the shops???
Also, would the shops know in advance what they will be getting in stock week or so in advance? Or the only thing they can say is what they ahev at the particular moment???

I know, lots of questions but I read on your Bayswater thread that some Oak Bayswaters can actually differ one from another IRL...so I guess it's even harder with different colours...I guess black one would be prettu safe bet, wouldn't it?

I think black would be good and uniform. what you could do is ring bicester, york, shepton mallett, cheshire oaks just before you come to uk to see what they have. I think the credit crunch is affecting them because they rang me the other day on spec to see if i was in the buying mood! Or once over here go to bond street or harvey nicks ...check them out irl then target a factory shop. I don't know if they send interent sales overeas but you can send them back if not suitable . Factory shops dont do refunds tho only exchanges and vouchers. also they have a sale just after xmas usually of the more seasonal stock so stone might be on that list. good luck! Its worth the fight!

Thanks Alison! So outlets also post stuff to you??? Well, I do need to look into this option then... It's a pity I can't make your photos bigger...
It looks like this leather will not be such a target to rain as darwin, am I right?
Your bag is beautiful nevertheless...just this uncertainty about colour/shade...

I may also call my local Amsterdam shop but I think it will rather have the oak/chocolate/black range.

Thanks so much for your responses and Alison - I sooo envy you being able to pop out to these outlets etc. I want to live in UK!!!!! Have to say it to my DH that I want to move because of Mulberry bags and he will think I'm nuts, for sure:lecture: