Stolen TPF Pictures on auction site...

That is horrible. everyone reads Chinese pls report it. I will do too. I can't believe the scammer is charging 86000rmb=12700usd for fake and with 5 qty. I hope no one gets tricked.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind post everyone. It is really upsetting and I know that I am not the only one effected and I am sure there will be others. Watermarking is our only defense, and has already been mentioned even the watermarking needs to be done in a place where it can not be cropped off. A very hard reminder of something I already knew to do :sad:.

so sorry to the tPFers whose pictures got stolen.

i do come across this very often and have seen many tPFers photos being used (as well as materials from our reference section on H leathers!)

unfortunately, in this part of the world (china, being the main culprit), copyright and other concept of trademark rights are often ignored or overlooked and mostly unenforceable! thus, the only way is to protect oneself by watermark, and in the worst case scenario, take crappy pics.

btw, the service listed in taobao offers a BUYING service as in many auction websites that i've seen in taiwan as well. so it actually states that they will buy the product on your behalf by most likely going to Paris and Tokyo. so whether they have the product on hand is moot (and reporting that will be useless) and it may be that they are actually selling real ones. but obviously that is besides the point! it is, therefore, in their best interest to find photos to showcase the product in the best light!

so please WATERMARK your pics!

so sorry to the tpfers whose pictures got stolen.

I do come across this very often and have seen many tpfers photos being used (as well as materials from our reference section on h leathers!)

unfortunately, in this part of the world (china, being the main culprit), copyright and other concept of trademark rights are often ignored or overlooked and mostly unenforceable! Thus, the only way is to protect oneself by watermark, and in the worst case scenario, take crappy pics.

Btw, the service listed in taobao offers a buying service as in many auction websites that i've seen in taiwan as well. so it actually states that they will buy the product on your behalf by most likely going to paris and tokyo. So whether they have the product on hand is moot (and reporting that will be useless) and it may be that they are actually selling real ones. But obviously that is besides the point! It is, therefore, in their best interest to find photos to showcase the product in the best light!

So please watermark your pics!

exactly!