Stolen Prada on Kijiji - What can be done?

aptreex

Jul 27, 2008
So a friend had her Prada purse stolen at her place of work (along with her macbook, iphone, etc.).
We then found it in a listing on Kijiji (this is the cached site, actual listing now gone):

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...l-other-REAL-PRADA-HANDBAG-W0QQAdIdZ454178343

Has anyone had any similar experiences and knows what recourse she has? They went to the police the moment she realized her things were gone. But not sure if stolen goods are going to be high on their priority.

It was her first and only Prada received on her birthday the past summer. She was so happy. :sad:

Thieves suck.

tree

That's terrible!! :sad: (But did she buy it back...?) I haven't had this experience exactly, but I did lose a Coach wristlet I had gotten for my birthday when I was 17... It fell out of my pocket on the bus and even though I called them numerous times, I never got it back.

I would be absolutely heartbroken if I knew my things were stolen.. I'm superprotective to begin with, so I always do my best to make sure things are locked away and I keep the key with me...And least she kind of found them though..had some sort of closure?

So a friend had her Prada purse stolen at her place of work (along with her macbook, iphone, etc.).
We then found it in a listing on Kijiji (this is the cached site, actual listing now gone):

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...l-other-REAL-PRADA-HANDBAG-W0QQAdIdZ454178343

Has anyone had any similar experiences and knows what recourse she has? They went to the police the moment she realized her things were gone. But not sure if stolen goods are going to be high on their priority.

It was her first and only Prada received on her birthday the past summer. She was so happy. :sad:

Thieves suck.

tree

Sorry to hear about the theft, but how did she know it was her bag being sold on the website?

I guess it is entirely possible that the purse for sale wasn't hers. I am assuming she and her DH figured it was hers due to the timing of the listing and the fact that the location isn't a huge city plus the offered price (practically new for $800).

Anyhow, apparently the police got the laptop and purse back (not the phone or car keys though)!!! They haven't told me any details yet but I am surprised! Well, I have no idea how police work works, but it's been less than a week since everything got stolen... We at first didn't even think that the police would pay any attention (nobody got hurt or anything). I'm sure she is glad. :smile: But she probably isn't going to wear that purse to work again (it's not a permanent job, new location, and she just started... Guess now she knows the environment a bit better..).

tree

OmG i am now so happy for her at least she got here expensive items back!!!!!!! for a prada handbag which is $1000+ and mac-pro which is nearly cost $1000 too !!!!

And her car key can be possible to change !
but iPhone :sad:!!! I hope she can get it back even the car key, but safety first!!! she should change her car's key.