Stolen Hermes-any chances getting it back?

Darling, My Parchemin Birkin was stolen along with over 100k worth of jewellery and watches in St Tropez from our villa. We were gassed - my beautiful jewels, all sentimental, were taken.
The police (being French of course) were so unhelpful and the insurance couldn't cover it all.
I asked Hermes back in London if there was some way to track the bag. For example, if it went to the spa they would know who bought it or from which boutique - like some watch brands. They said no. I was so angry but at least we didn't get hurt.
I feel for you because it is so annoying.

OMG, I am so, so sorry this happened to you. Horrible!
I would be devestated. Luckily nobody got hurt though :flowers:.

But i have already filed it as being stolen in the mall. Can i still have my insurance company covered the loss?

That depends on whether you insured it when it was away from home.
If you have included it as a specific item which is covered both indoors and out then you should be able to claim for it.

I am quite confused here since I only have health insurance and home insurance. I don't know if they are willing to cover a loss happening outside my house. The local boutique have my purchase record and i can definitely have that printed out. I don't know if I can get this wallet again. Thank you so much for so much useful input. Really appreciate it!

House insurance isn't something that's vague - you will have your paperwork for it and if you're like me you will remember specifying items' worth and that they're to be covered indoors and out.

Wow sooo sorry darling best thing is to make it as public as you can the shop the mall what ever so that you can help others that might have the same trouble as you !!!! And by making it unlicensed raising awareness in that specific mall

I totally feel for you. I know you are feeling upset, terrible and disappointed that the wallet is stolen. It may be a "luxury item" that can always be replaced again, but with Hermes, it's not that easy to find the same combo again. Glad you are safe and that's the most important thing ever.:hugs:

Darling, My Parchemin Birkin was stolen along with over 100k worth of jewellery and watches in St Tropez from our villa. We were gassed - my beautiful jewels, all sentimental, were taken.
The police (being French of course) were so unhelpful and the insurance couldn't cover it all.
I asked Hermes back in London if there was some way to track the bag. For example, if it went to the spa they would know who bought it or from which boutique - like some watch brands. They said no. I was so angry but at least we didn't get hurt.
This is awful because it could have been much worse, glad you and yours didnt get hurt.

OP, I hope you are able to claim in some way shape or form.

I'm so sorry this happened to you. As others have stated, in the US homeowner's insurance covers home items whether they are in your house, car, or elsewhere. You should call your insurance company to determine what is covered or read your policy terms.

I hope this has a happy ending for you!

Thank you all for all the kindly replies! Love you all. I am still working with the police at the moment. Hopefully I can get sth back at least.

unfortunately I have experience trying to work with the local police when something has been stolen from me. My most cherished watch, a limited edition diamond Chanel J12 that was very valuable was stolen out of a Ritz hotel suite when I left the room for 20 minutes. No apology or effort from the Ritz, but even less so from the police! It just isn't a priority for them, they don't follow up beyond calling to let you know there was no leads; and they have resentment the minute you tell them the price of the item.

I would be thankful it wasn't something more valuable-- and insure the hell out of the rest of your pieces!! Now I have every single piece of jewelry, shoes, bags, coats insured with appraisals for when they are in my home, or traveling, or anywhere else in between.

I searched eBay, pawn shops and second-hand stores for months afterward, but nothing turned up. If they are smart, it will get swapped until it is out of the country before listing for sale, or just sell on the black-market with no listings at all. :rain:

i hope your situation turns out better than mine, and you post an update that you found it!!

Pinklicious, I am really sorry for your loss and I understand your hostility toward the police you've dealt with.

mlemee, your point is something I've pondered for years and it's so obsessed me I've considered buying a bag just to rip it apart and look at the insides.... (I promise I never will!) Given how expensive these bags/wallets/other leather goods are, I find it impossible to believe that H does not put some sort of unique identifier like an RFID tag into each. I asked the artisan who was making a Kelly bag at my local H boutique during an event showcasing their workmanship. I knew even if they did, he'd never say. But, given that the price of these bags can approach $200k and the cheapness and smallness of tracking devices, it just baffles me that they're not used. Assuming they aren't....