Stolen Chanel bags

+1 I've always wondered if I should mention this to my insurance company to be protected from theft or fire...Is this something covered under home owner's insurance?

My handbags don't require any special riders to be covered under my renter's insurance, but I'm sure every policy is different. Unlike jewelry or certain electronics, some insurance companies don't treat handbags separately from any other home items.

Sorry to hear about the missing bags! Perhaps you can set up a video cam in your home. Dropcam is extremely easy to set up, and you can get a subscription to store the video for 7 or 30 days.

Sorry to hear about the missing bags! Perhaps you can set up a video cam in your home. Dropcam is extremely easy to set up, and you can get a subscription to store the video for 7 or 30 days.

+1. This ^^

If someone in your building who had access to your apt was brazen enough to do it once, I can imagine he/she would do it again. Get a security camera (hidden if possible) so you are better prepared to nail the bastard if this happens again. I am so sorry to hear this. I also live in a doorman building and this is atrocious, especially from people who are supposed to safeguard your apt. Hugs. [emoji22]

I'm so so sorry to hear this. Absolutely horrible. I agree with others -- change your locks. If you can't change your locks without somebody knowing, then I would install a video cam.

Good luck, OP. We are rooting for you!

My handbags don't require any special riders to be covered under my renter's insurance, but I'm sure every policy is different. Unlike jewelry or certain electronics, some insurance companies don't treat handbags separately from any other home items.

I think this may be the perfect reminder for me to call my home owner's and double check on Monday...I appreciate the feedback :smile:

I agree the thieves may be back. Security cameras can be purchased inexpensively at Costco etc. It would be worth putting one at your front door etc. When someone enters your residence, don't they have to make a log entry? I would ask to see whomever is in charge to find out if anyone did enter. You won't be able to prove theft, but it may keep the problem from happening again.

I am so sorry for you and hope the insurance covers it. This is all of our worst nightmares.

I try to cover myself as best as I can and on advise from my insurance company, I have taken photos of my bag (or whatever luxe purchase I have made) the day I get it and scan the receipt and authenticity card as well and keep that on file on my PC and also a portable hard drive.

I never keep authenticity cards in a handbag - I keep them with the receipt in a box.

I send you hugs as I know you would be crying lots over this ........

Sorry this has happened to you. It's all bag lovers worst nightmare.
I completely agree with installing hidden cameras.
Also if you can, try buying one of those cupboards that require either a password or a fingerprint to gain access. You can store all your beauties in it in the future.

I'm really sorry. I will keep hoping that they turn up or are recovered in some way.

For everyone a good thing to do is take pictures and store them separately. If you have a safety deposit box at the bank then that is ideal, if not in a safe or a safe place - along with receipts etc. It makes claiming on insurance or proving ownership much easier.

It's not any consultation if you have had something stolen but for those that are fortunate to not be in that situation it's worth considering.

Oh wow I'm so sorry - this kind of thing infuriates me - there will be cctv somewhere nearby, why can they not be bothered to review it?! I really feel for you!

It infuriated me too - how someone thinks they can just take what is not theirs, I will never understand!

The police said there are no cameras at the gate and when I told them they had to look for a small black dustbag (that's what my bag was kept in), they completely lost interest. To them, this is just another first world problem and they just don't care. I've been trying to call them for the last couple of days as I received some new info. and want them to review whatever footage they have again, but they won't even return my call.

Door this happened to you. I would recommend having key lock installed on your space where you keep your valuables. I keep all my bags and shoes in a closet that has lock on door.

It infuriated me too - how someone thinks they can just take what is not theirs, I will never understand!

The police said there are no cameras at the gate and when I told them they had to look for a small black dustbag (that's what my bag was kept in), they completely lost interest. To them, this is just another first world problem and they just don't care. I've been trying to call them for the last couple of days as I received some new info. and want them to review whatever footage they have again, but they won't even return my call.

It's so unfortunate lovely. I can't even imagine how stressful it must be for you. The AFP are such a joke in our country. They literally get paid to do nothing and love shirking responsibility most of the time

I had my classic mini flap stolen with my card holder inside just last week too! Thieves were brazen, they stole this from right under my nose at the airport where there is supposedly heavy security and police presence - obviously they didn't care.

Unfortunately, I didn't have either items insured so there was nothing more that I could do in terms of recouping the losses. I did file a police report but there were no cameras at the boarding gates where it happened so police don't want to pursue this any further.

Everyday since this incident, I've been on Ebay and the local classifieds hoping that someone will be stupid enough to list them as I still have the boxes, dust bag and authenticity cards so I could identify them via the serial numbers.

Having been through the same thing, I feel you. Hope there is somewhat of a positive outcome!

xmomo ... so sorry to hear this, disappointing that there's not more they can do to identify the thieves