Stolen at the airport... Desperately seeking this cape from LV 2015/16

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. My prized poncho/cape purchased at the NYC flagship in February was stolen at the Miami airport and I'm heartbroken over it and we cannot find another. It was ridiculously expensive but also next to one of a kind and my travelers insurance won't cover the loss. This sickens me. I don't know of a custom tailor who could fashion a similar model and my SAs are unable to find another one, as even the flagship only had one... it's such a rare piece I'm losing hope. It still makes me tear up. If any of you stumbles across one or sees a style that's very similar, new or used, please let me know... or refer me to someone who can make something similar. I considered trying to make my own but I don't know where to get a similar print of wool blend or the leather trim and buckles... and this was by far the most prized piece of my collection which I intended to wear forever. :crybaby: ty in advance for any help!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935P using PurseForum mobile app

2. Wow, I am so sorry. How did it happen at MIA?

3. OMG! How did it get nicked?

4. I'm so sorry. That is just terrible. I'll keep my eyes peeled x

5. I am so sorry this happened to something you loved so much. If it is impossible to replace Hermes has a beautiful poncho you might want to look at. The rocobar has several different colors and is wonderful quality.

6. OMG I am so sorry :sad:

7. Do you still have a receipt? Or a specific product name or SKU? I could ask my SA to help you find it.

8. I had a bad ankle sprain and they loaded my luggage and whisked me away in away in a wheelchair and upon arrival at the gate it wasn't with my things and no one had seen it or cared and they wouldn't let me back through security to look for it as my flight was boarding. There's no phone number to call for lost and found only a Web form to fill out and I've done it multiple times and heard nothing. :crybaby: if i could just find a similar navy fabric with the gray stripe I would attempt to make one myself but can find nothing like it and the only alternative I'm finding at this point is for the Highland House of Fraser in Inverness to custom make me this, lined in my family tartan hunting sett (attached photo of style and my plaid) but their tailor offers only the one design. While it's somewhat bespoke, it's just not the same.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. 4purse and lovethe1urwith like this.
  10. Unfortunately we've had everyone on the hunt and there are no more in the company. TY so much for offering :flowers: my store and district managers still have the request out and are doing weekly checks.

11. Funny as that's right about the time it happened! I will continue to hunt. TY.

12. Oh, no! I am so sorry... :sad:

13. Oh no, that is just terrible, I'm so sorry that happened to you :sad:

14. I'm so sorry to hear about this, but I'm equally as appalled that the airport isn't held responsible for this! How in the world are they allowed to offer to take a flyer's things to the gate...and then only deliver a portion of the items?

That is bologna. I strongly stress that you take legal action.

15. This is awful! Since you travel overseas, could there be any in the UK boutiques? Or if you are traveling to the continent, perhaps there is one still there? You might be able to have a friend or family member pick it up for you and hold it until you return.