Stocking old Céline

fashmash

Apr 12, 2019
Totally obsessed with old Céline bags and throwing my money into stocking these timeless pieces over the past few months. Soon to reach my 10th!

It seems ludicrous to splurge on these phased-out items but i’m betting that they are timeless beauty and gonna last me for years into old age.

Anyone feeling the same?

I would be splurging a lot more - I'm really not a Hedi fan, mostly because of his attitude and his obsession with dressing women like 16 year old rockstars...but his bags are fine(?); unfortunately I'm still currently a grad student with a grad student's budget.

Totally jealous. Share some pics of your collection!! :flowers:

Agree! It’s amazing how Phoebe Philo could garner such loyal following, largely because we subscribe to her ethos. I admit some of Hedi’s pieces have certain appeal, but these lack in the understated charm (strong yet feminine) that the old products exude.

It’s still unknown how well old Céline prices would hold, so you might be able to get hold of some pre-owned pieces at a steal when the time comes ;) i didn’t get my first Céline until few years into workforce!

Here’s sharing some pieces (caveat i got a box with new Hedi’s logo, coz the anthracite color is just too hard to resist!)

Totally obsessed with old Céline bags and throwing my money into stocking these timeless pieces over the past few months. Soon to reach my 10th!

It seems ludicrous to splurge on these phased-out items but i’m betting that they are timeless beauty and gonna last me for years into old age.

Anyone feeling the same?

Are these from the Céline stores themselves, i.e. new old stock? Or are you hunting them down from resellers/other sources? I’m just curious if the stores still stock the old models, as well as if they would still have Trios/Luggages/Belts with the old Céline logo. Is that something I could ask the SA or would they turn their noses up at me hehehe. After my 1st Céline bag purchase this weekend, I’m hunting around for a Luggage or Belt with the old logo. All the displays at Harrods and Selfridges have the new logo and I was hesitant to ask the SAs.

Yes i acquired all of these brand new from stores, majority from the Celine boutiques. And the bulk was amassed last year following news of Phoebe’s departure. My latest buy was the Frame from Celine boutique itself last month and it was surprising to see a rather sizeable range of the old Celine logo Frame brought in (even the SA’s were not quite expecting the shipment I think). There are very few old Celine logo pieces now in store (if at all) but you need to ask for these, as they tend not to display the old logo pieces now. My trick then was to step in to the stores now and then to check for any new shipments of old logo pieces haha (unfortunately my regular SA has left). But if you have a dedicated SA, just request her/him to keep you informed. ;)

Is that something I could ask the SA or would they turn their noses up at me hehehe. All the displays at Harrods and Selfridges have the new logo and I was hesitant to ask the SAs.

Walk up and ask. The worst they can say is "No". On that note, I've asked for old logo bags in Singapore, Italy, Australia and Canada within the last year. The only ones who turned their noses up at me were the SAs in Singapore, but Singapore SAs who work for any designer brand tend have a snooty baseline attitude anyway.

Anyway, I found all of them but Sg had old logo stock :smile: Good luck and good hunting.

Am very late to the Philofile party. Kind of like slipping in the through the back door in the dying hours...
Started innocently enough with a couple SLGs in October last year - "OMG, get something before they're gone!" Then, before I knew it, I had acquired a Phantom Cabas Tote in stunning Abyss Blue. Followed by a couple more SLGs, a Small Vertical Cabas Tote, a Small Trio and the big bang: a Small Big Bag.

Have been a Philo fan since her Chloe days, but didn't have the funds back then. Am kicking myself now because I wish I had been paying close attention to the collections, i.e. the clothes, the footwear and the seasonal bags. Have been stalking tPF since I started collecting and am in awe of those of you who really know your s**t, e.g. natural calfskin aficionados. Am in Canada, but have been travelling to Europe regularly and could have started collecting at a more sensible pace... but maybe I wasn't ready to spend the $ and maybe I wasn't confident enough in my own taste...

Anyway, off to Europe in September and have orchestrated a route that will take me through outlets outside of London and Paris in pursuit of #oldceline. If anyone has any tips or recent experiences with old stock at either outlets or Celine stores, kindly share!

(So... this is what confession in the Catholic church must feel like: "Forgive me Father, for I have Célined".)

Anyway, off to Europe in September and have orchestrated a route that will take me through outlets outside of London and Paris in pursuit of #oldceline. If anyone has any tips or recent experiences with old stock at either outlets or Celine stores, kindly share!

I went to Bicester Village today and the available range of bags was pretty good. I was there mainly to look at the clothes (there was an excellent range of clothes from the last few of Phoebe's collections) so I didn't pay a huge amount of attention to the bags, but there were some nice options. From what I can remember, there were a few trapezes (which surprised me - I feel like I hadn't seen them in Céline boutiques in ages, even during Phoebe's era), a clasp bag (not sure if it was mini or medium but I think it was mini), a fabric twisted cabas in white/blue, several soft cube bags, a cabas clasp tote, a large studs tote, a trotteur, and several trifold bags. There were a few more too but I can't remember what they were, and there's probably some additional stock out the back. Plenty of shoes as well, and an ok range of jewellery. Didn't look at what the discounts on the bags/shoes/jewellery were like but apparently everything in the store is at least 30% off (the clothes seemed to be 30-50% off).

I'll definitely be going back again before Hedi's stuff starts to creep in and Phoebe's stuff disappears!

Last edited: