Stock or BEC???

pixie61582

May 5, 2009
It's time to treat myself to a new BE bag and I can't decide if I want to go with a stock bag or the BEC route. I can't decide on a style but here's what I do know for starters. I want either a metallic, aubergine, or black shimmer bag. And I'm debating between a stock Inspire Me/Covet Me, or BEC'ing an older style. I like the looks of the Charm Me midi and Be Mine mini (although I'm curious to see the regular size). Who votes for what? :biggrin:

I think you should decide what color you want first. The reason is because I've seen some ladies post here that certain leathers aren't suitable for certain styles. Like the leather is too thick, etc... Which color do you want the most? Will use the most? Also, in stock bags tend to be less spendy than the BECs. Is there a bag in stock that you love?

Are you looking for a shoulder bag, or hand held? The Be Mine mini would be hand held only...I "can" get mine over my shoulder, but not easily...and it would not be my choice to carry this way...

Now the Charm me Midi is one of my favorite BE styles...and it is also one of the most affordable BEC bags to make...

Moonie has some good questions to answer as well to help figure this out!

The other girls are all correct. It depends on whether or not you want to shoulder carry your bag or not. Some styles can be shoulder carried or come with adjustable straps for shoulder and/or messenger carrying, others don't. You can always order one to match your bag. Depending on type of leather, color of lining, hardware, style, you can get a stock bag or will have to BEC. The Hold Me, Stroke Me and Charm Me are cheaper to BEC than some of the other ones. If you go with a "midi", it's a tad cheaper. Clutch Seattle is one of few boutiques Jackie has approved to sell her brand. Kimberly Arrington is the owner. You can use the "contact" link on their web page ... www.clutchseattle.com or you can call, and tell them you're a TPFer, she will give you a checkout code that will get you a discount or will process the discount if she "checks you out" via telephone. Last time I recall it was 20%. So, that will help. They often put them on sale too. One thing that's cool is you'll get a real BE retail tag. They don't put them on the bags they sell themselves. Aubergine is a really pretty color.

I agree with all that's been said and I have a bag in each of your possible colours. That said, I'd go for pewter - since its an all seasons bag and goes with absolutely everything!

The other girls are all correct. It depends on whether or not you want to shoulder carry your bag or not. Some styles can be shoulder carried or come with adjustable straps for shoulder and/or messenger carrying, others don't. You can always order one to match your bag. Depending on type of leather, color of lining, hardware, style, you can get a stock bag or will have to BEC. The Hold Me, Stroke Me and Charm Me are cheaper to BEC than some of the other ones. If you go with a "midi", it's a tad cheaper. Clutch Seattle is one of few boutiques Jackie has approved to sell her brand. Kimberly Arrington is the owner. You can use the "contact" link on their web page ... www.clutchseattle.com or you can call, and tell them you're a TPFer, she will give you a checkout code that will get you a discount or will process the discount if she "checks you out" via telephone. Last time I recall it was 20%. So, that will help. They often put them on sale too. One thing that's cool is you'll get a real BE retail tag. They don't put them on the bags they sell themselves. Aubergine is a really pretty color.

BE retail tag??? That sounds interesting! Thanks for all of the info so far, kind tpf ladies :biggrin: Let's see... I have my eye on aubergine, but I've heard murmurings about anthracite? Pewter is one of my faves, so I think I'd like this anthracite an awful lot. I mostly do shoulder carry or messenger style bags because I have an 18 month old that still prefers to be carried. Or I have to carry him when we're out and about or else he's apt to run off on his own :P Naughty little boy. But where was I? Yes, shoulder or messenger when I'm with the kids, but arm carry is perfectly fine when I'm out with the hubby or the girls. I do spend majority of my time with my kids though, since I'm a SAHM, so I think I'll have to stick with a shoulder carry with a messenger strap this time around. I REALLY like the Covet Me but I'm wondering if it'll fit everything I need. That's pretty much my only hesitation with that style. And would it dwarf me? I usually go for the midis because it seems like the regular sizes would look like they're wearing me instead of vice versa! lol

Delicious decisions... I'll keep y'all updated on what I decide to do! ;)

BE retail tag??? That sounds interesting!

Here are enlarged pix of the retail tag that was on the pearlized mustard Stroke Me Medium I sent to my consigner (style too small for me in this size so I ended up never using it. The tag is still attached). It's a fold-over pink glossy tag affixed with pink ribbon. Has the BE logo, and story inside. Really neat. It's my understanding that they only use them for bags produced for their hand-picked retailers. Muse Ten also carries BE bags, which is where I got this one.

Attachments

• Tag1.JPG
    Tag1.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Tag 2.JPG
    Tag 2.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 53
Clutch Seattle is having a Black Friday sale ... 30% off with checkout coupon code "blackfriday". They have a bunch of nice BE's, including a coffee matte Treasure Me and an olive one like I just received, which I cannot say enough good things about. Here is a link to what they've got in stock at the current time. I also posted an announcement on the "Deals and Steals" thread but here's a chance to pick up one of the newer styles for 30% off. http://www.clutchseattle.com/collections/belen-echandia

I wonder if that applies to special sales like this one. Black Friday sales are some of the biggest there are all year. I've sent her an email asking if the 30% will be applicable on BEs. We'll see what she has to say. Also asked her if there is still a coupon code TPFers can use. I used to buy LOTS of things on sale from her when I was buying bags to resell on ebay. It's been awhile since we chatted; never hurts to ask.

I wonder if that applies to special sales like this one. Black Friday sales are some of the biggest there are all year. I've sent her an email asking if the 30% will be applicable on BEs. We'll see what she has to say. Also asked her if there is still a coupon code TPFers can use. I used to buy LOTS of things on sale from her when I was buying bags to resell on ebay. It's been awhile since we chatted; never hurts to ask.

Not to get too off track here, but does BE ever do Black Friday sales?

That was my very first order with BE! The Pink Tuesday sale! I found it quite by accident via tPF. I'd been buying Coach, and I had a Michael Kors. But some leather trimming was coming off my Coaches, and the opening of my MK bag wouldn't open wide enough to suit me. I almost ripped it up one day trying to see inside it. Since then, I have never strayed from BE and am totally devoted!

:tender::heart::tender:

They did a Pink Tuesday sale for new customers or customers who hadn't ordered in more than 12 months. But that was a few years ago.