Stitching on Artsy Issue

Nov 14, 2007
I got this bag about 6 months ago and have used it probably 7 times and look what happened! One of the stitches on the side came out. Should I be concerned? I'm afraid it'll keep coming apart. I know it's small but it really bothers me. Someone told me LV can probably send it out to get re-stitched but that bothers me considering it's a fairly new bag. What should I do? I doubt they will give me a new one since it's been about 6 months. What are your thoughts? I am very disappointed with the quality of LV bags nowadays. I got a neverfull damier for Valentine's Day and used it almost every day for work and within three weeks the straps had tiny tears. I was able to exchange that one and got the Portobello even though I really really loved and miss the neverfull but I just couldn't take the chance of the same thing happening. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 436
Last edited:
I just went in with my emp speedy on Monday with cracked glazing on my straps and my SA Switched my bag out for a brand new one. I started a thread about my experience with that so go in to see what they atleast have to say. I was apprehensive to go in but a few girls gave me the "push" to go in and show them that it's not normal "wear and tear".. My defective speedy was purchased in February of this year so it isn't much newer than yours. Read my thread - the SA told me that there is a year warranty on the bags for a one time courtesy replacement...GL

Six Months? I'm taking it back and they will exchange. Sending something out for repairs after only six months is absurd!! What's really going on with LV lately!!

Last edited:
I would go to LV but I wouldn't "demand" they exchange it..
I would be sweet as pie and I bet they will take care of you..
Sometime you need to be nice going in or they might do everything they can not to help you if you come of demanding and witchy.. You know what I mean? ;)
Good luck and let us know what happens.

I would go to LV but I wouldn't "demand" they exchange it..
I would be sweet as pie and I bet they will take care of you..
Sometime you need to be nice going in or they might do everything they can not to help you if you come of demanding and witchy.. You know what I mean? ;)
Good luck and let us know what happens.

Exactly!! You get more from sugar than vinegar...

i would go to lv but i wouldn't "demand" they exchange it..
I would be sweet as pie and i bet they will take care of you..
Sometime you need to be nice going in or they might do everything they can not to help you if you come of demanding and witchy.. You know what i mean? ;)
good luck and let us know what happens.

+1 😊

I just went in with my emp speedy on Monday with cracked glazing on my straps and my SA Switched my bag out for a brand new one. I started a thread about my experience with that so go in to see what they atleast have to say. I was apprehensive to go in but a few girls gave me the "push" to go in and show them that it's not normal "wear and tear".. My defective speedy was purchased in February of this year so it isn't much newer than yours. Read my thread - the SA told me that there is a year warranty on the bags for a one time courtesy replacement...GL

I didn't realize they had a one time courtesy replacement. I hope they can replace it because this is def not normal especially since I barely use it. I bought it at the LV store within Macys does it make a difference when trying to exchange? I also hope they wouldn't make me pay the difference since the price is now higher. I'm going to go tomoorrow hopefully I will have good news.

Glad you're going to take it in. That stitch would seriously concern me, too.
I had canvas cracking issues on my 2 year old Delightful and they replaced the bag for me. I doubt that you'll have any issues when going in. Like someone else said, just be nice as possible and express your concern. Can't wait to hear what happens!

I don't know what is going on with the quality but it is so disappointing! I don't think I will be getting anymore LV bags after two bad experiences.

Yes I know as I have had a problem myself and there have been many others with issues as well. This is really terrible for the money we pay. I am so sorry this happen and I know it is not the store or customer services fault but they really need to start looking into their quality issues. I am well aware that we cannot be rude or mean - I am a grown woman who knows better but boy I tell you it does get really frustrating. I would try to take it in anyway and see what they have to say - you never know dear. Again I feel your disappointment.

I didn't realize they had a one time courtesy replacement. I hope they can replace it because this is def not normal especially since I barely use it. I bought it at the LV store within Macys does it make a difference when trying to exchange? I also hope they wouldn't make me pay the difference since the price is now higher. I'm going to go tomoorrow hopefully I will have good news.

Yes, and I did my exchange with Saks and the bag was purchased in Las Vegas..read my thread to how it transpired because I think it was the way I went into the boutique helped a lot to me getting a new bag...my thread was "OMG!!! LV gave me a new bag for my defective empreinte speedy"

And also want to share with you (I posted the same quote to the girl with the strap broken on her NF)...

My husband told me the most interesting thing tonight he said word for word..." When I first met you I never heard stories like this ever with all the problems with LV bags" I was like "that was six years ago"...and that was the year I joined this forum.....:thinking:

Last edited:
I dropped off my bag on Saturday and I have a bad feeling about the outcome. I spoke to the GM and he said that they had to take pictures and send them out to the repair team. I explained that this bag is fairly new and that I did not feel comfortable getting this bag repaired. He said that even though a stitch came out that he doesn't think it'll be anything more than and that he doesn't see why this bag can't be repaired and that even if I didn't get it repaired it will not keep breaking. I was annoyed at his dismissive attitude. I also told him that this is my second bad experience with these bags and asked what is going on with the quality. He said that the issue is that people wear their bags everyday and enjoy them and those issues that we call "defects" are from excessive wear not from manufacturer issues. My jaw dropped. I'm like well this doesn't apply to me because this bag hasn't been worn excessively and even if I would expect more than a few months of use from a 2000 dollar bag. He remained silent. I also pointed out that the stitching on a new bag was a lot closer together than that on my bag. Ugh I'm so annoyed. I have a feeling they will want to repair it. I am waiting to hear back from them. I should get a call either today or tomorrow supposedly. *fingers crossed*

On another note, I was looking at the artsy in leather and it seems like it's made much better than the mono as far as the stitching and so forth. I know it's a different material but maybe I should have went with that even though the price is a lot higher.