Stitching Inside Bags

xoxmb

O.G.
Jul 23, 2012
How normal is crooked stitching like this (top stitching of the pocket) in Favorite bags?

I find it kind of odd because they’re usually straight and perfect.

Attachments

• A1EFC9CD-AFA5-4DD2-A551-99A30B6BB206.jpeg
    A1EFC9CD-AFA5-4DD2-A551-99A30B6BB206.jpeg
    365.8 KB · Views: 176
  • 3447E3B3-3835-4FA1-8EC1-C3AA220A6602.jpeg
    3447E3B3-3835-4FA1-8EC1-C3AA220A6602.jpeg
    284.4 KB · Views: 174
Where do you guys see these things ?

Let me see, ok the top stitching of my bag has 39 stitches, and the bottom 38 stitches. I feel I got cheated on my stitches. Maybe I should return my bag because it is flawed. :lol:

Just enjoy your bag. It’s fine. Nothing is perfect.

Reactions: kayv
Where do you guys see these things ?

Let me see, ok the top stitching of my bag has 39 stitches, and the bottom 38 stitches. I feel I got cheated on my stitches. Maybe I should return my bag because it is flawed. :lol:

Just enjoy your bag. It’s fine. Nothing is perfect.
I wasn’t counting the stitches. I was comparing it to other bags because whenever I see the inside stitching, they’re straight and perfect, whereas this one was crooked a little.

This is preloved. If I could buy it at the store I would’ve done that instead.

The stitch itself looks straight so I'm not sure what crookedness you're talking about. Unless you mean the angle of the individual stitches? Not sure what to tell you other than that that is just sometimes how the needle (literally) falls.

Return the bag. You're never going to be happy with it now that you've discovered a problem that no tpf members can seem to see. /s

Whatever happened to being happy when purchasing something new? Even IF the stitching was ever so slightly off it does not have any impact on the usability, functionality or overall quality of this bag.

LV ain't the Rolls Royce's of bags (and that's fine!), please adjust your expectations accordingly.

If it really bothers you, I would return it or resell. Luxury or not, if something bothers you about an item when it’s new (or “new to you” in this case), which is the “honeymoon phase,” then it’ll probably continue to bother you in the future. That being said, stitches are often crooked because parts of the bags are stitched by hand, so this is completely normal! Just do what’s best for you! :smile: