Stitches on Speedy 30 monogram

1. #1 Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
    Hi guys. I purchased my speedy 30 monogram (made in France) a few days back in the Louis Vuitton store. And I just realized that instead of the 5 stitches on the top, I've got 6. I know the ebene has got 6 but what about the monogram? I can't seem to find threads on this. I'm just worried. Thanks!

EDIT/
    Date stamp is TR1152.

image-3775588175.jpg image-2834715529.jpg
  2. Maybe it's a new thing they are doing. Recently they changed the Galliera date code from being embossed on the lining to having a leather tab with the date code on it. Clubhouse says its true for MIF LV Galliera PM.

Ask your SA for peace of mind. But since you bought it at LV then I won't be worried much.

3. If you bought it from LV I wouldn't worry about it. You know it's authenthic...

4. Yeah I know, just worried someone might exchange with a fake and they didn't know? hahaha thanks anyway guys! :smile:

5. Hmmm that's odd. I would definitely take it to the store and ask your associate for piece of mind or maybe you can exchange it for one with 5 stitches. Not sure when you purchased yours but my mono that I got in June only has 5.

6. The ebene and mono has different numbers of stitching

7. I bought my mono speedy 30 in April and mine has 5 across the top. Mine is made in USA.

8. #8 Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
    I found where mine was made! My Speedy 30 DE made in France and there a code which says TR2102 - how would you decipher this? Is this a serial no. or date code???

9. I think it means your bag is made in France, and 20th week of 2012 which should be around mid may of 2012.

10. Update!
    I returned to the LV store and the SA assured me that it's authentic, apparently every bag is different. Now I know it's authentic, my only worry is that I will not be able to sell this (if i ever want to in the future haha) 'cos almost all information on authenticating a speedy says it's ALWAYS 5 stitches on the top. Sigh. I just hope more people will know about this.

11. That's an interesting observation. We used to think that it's on the number of stitches that makes it authentic. Mine is Monogram 30 has the following number of stitches on the handles, 5-4-5-5-4 (clockwise starting from the 12o'clock position). But as long as it's bought from LV boutique, I don't think that should be a problem. Keep the receipt with you for future use. :smile:

12. Yeah I will haha. There were two speedys, made in France and made in Spain. I insisted I should get the France one since my other speedy was made in France too. Ughhh should have stuck to the Spain one (I was given that first but requested for a Made in France) 'cos that had the "normal" 5 4 5 stitchings. Hahaha oh wells, mine has kinda patina-ed, too late for an exchange anyway. I'll just ignore the stitches and loveee the bag :biggrin:

13. Thanks Glitzcow for this question. This is the only one I could find when I checked on new stiching on Speedy Mono 30. I was at the LV boutique last Friday to buy another Speedy Mono 30. I just noticed at home that I have the same stiching as the one Glitzcow purchased last year. I also purchased a Speedy Mono 30 in November 2012 but that bag has the standard 5 stiches everyone knows and accepts as authentic. How come it is inconsistent? The bag from 2012 has 5 stiches and the bag from 2013 has 6. I am confused. The bag is unused. Now I want to exchange it for a bag with 5 stiches. What do you ladies think about this? Any experiences with purchases in 2013? I need advice. Thanks a million!

14. Hi! Is there such a thing as an LV mono speedy 30 with a 6-3-6-6-3 stitching? Starting from 12 o'clock moving clockwise. I saw someone selling it and I'm curious if she's selling the real thing. Thanks!

15. Hi! Is there such a thing as an LV mono speedy 30 with a 6-3-6-6-3 stitching? Starting from 12 o'clock moving clockwise. I saw someone selling it and I'm curious if she's selling the real thing. Thanks!