Stinky!?

Thanks everyone for your help!! We sprayed our bags outside on our lanai/balcony so it wasnt the area we were in that made it smelly. I hung the bags up in my room overnight and now I can barely smell it. I guess when I *thought* it was dry, it really wasnt *really* dry so thats why it smelled. Thanks everyone and I'm sure the bags will be fine.. and the leather too! (Since its for leather also)

We just panicked a bit too much I guess.. since this was our first time Scotchgarding it! :P :shame:

Yeah I spray it with kiwi. And then air dry for a day and I don't smell it at all. It's great stuff :smile: Smudges wipe off nice and in a way it makes it look cleaner or more vibrant? In a good way. I wish I had done that with my earlier bags. Only parts I avoid are metals and zippers as it leaves it kinda gummy but everything else is fine to spray.

Miss Dana, you said, "lanai"! I haven't heard anyone say that in a while =) I've been away from the islands too long!

Anyway, I've scotchgarded most of my tokis and that chemical smell went away when they dried. I used the Scotchgard fabric and upholstery protector version. It says it, "repels liquids" and "blocks stains".

So far I have no stains on the outside, just pen marks on the inside from a pen that I wanted to destroy once I saw the pen marks.

However, I do have some black smudges on the outside of my paradiso nuvola from the package that surrounds the qee. I left that plastic bag on the qee while I scotchgarded the bag because the directions on the can says to "protect non-fabric materials from overspray". The scotchgard made the black ink come off the packaging and it stained some of the clouds on the paradiso print! The black ink stains aren't that bad, but it makes me sick that this bag was brand new and I messed it up! The moral of the story is: DO NOT SCOTCHGARD WITH THE PLASTIC BAG STILL ON THE QEE!

Eejit, that clarifies a lot for me thank you.

When you guys Scotchguard your bags you usually do more than one coat?

I've heard some people saying it still gets dirty regardless of them Scothguarding. How have your bags held up, Eejit?
I use 2 light coats, and I've never had a stain that didn't come out. Most smudges and daily grime wipe right off with a damp paper towel, and for a few stubborn spots I just used a wet paper towel with a little dish soap.

I haven't had to use a Magic Eraser yet, but if I do, I'll spray a little more scotchguard anywhere I use the Eraser, since it's an abrasive and would probably wear off the protective scotchguard layer.

I've got 2 young kids and I couldn't live without scotchguard! All our furniture is slipcovered in scotchguarded fabric, and there's nothing I haven't been able to get out, including dirt, blood, grass, coffee, magic marker, and melted chocolate (LOTS of chocolate!). Great stuff! :okay:

smells gone!! :yahoo:

we used the heavy duty one LOL its for outdoor fabrics.. such as tents and backpacks, it said that leather was protected too so that's why we got this one instead. it says "repels rain and moisture." I suppose we could always get the red can for upholstery and spray it over this to protect it from spills. :yes: