Stinky Soho Disco Bags (Rose Beige Disco)

brae

Aug 2, 2013
I ordered and recently received a Rose Beige Soho Disco from Gucci.com. I have seen around here that some people receive stinky sohos and mine is in fact one of them. It smells like... plastic-like with undertones of citrus at the end.

I am most likely returning it (I still want a Rose Beige Disco :crybaby:), but I am wondering if it's the whole batch that is stinky? Has anyone experienced a smell with a different color than Rose Beige?

I almost wonder if it's some kind of leather conditioner? The biggest bummer is that I don't smell any leather at all.

Can we have a collective thread about stinky sohos? Maybe we can figure this out.

Let's have this as a 'stinky Soho Disco' (only) thread.

No other talk of anything else to do with Soho Discos please or posts will deleted.

I ordered and recently received a Rose Beige Soho Disco from Gucci.com. I have seen around here that some people receive stinky sohos and mine is in fact one of them. It smells like... plastic-like with undertones of citrus at the end.

I am most likely returning it (I still want a Rose Beige Disco :crybaby:), but I am wondering if it's the whole batch that is stinky? Has anyone experienced a smell with a different color than Rose Beige?

I almost wonder if it's some kind of leather conditioner? The biggest bummer is that I don't smell any leather at all.

Can we have a collective thread about stinky sohos? Maybe we can figure this out.
I received mine yesterday, though the color is described as Camilla on Saks site. It is indeed a rose Beige and was sent to me from my SA at Gucci located in Saks. There is no unusual smell of any kind.

Reactions: papertiger
I've had mines since December (Black) and don't recall any stinky/plastic-y smell to it. I do recall other posters saying they had this issue though.

Try your luck finding another one? It might be just a bad batch, but if it doesn't really bother you, I'm sure the smell will go away in due time.

Reactions: papertiger
Thanks for your replies... I cut the tag off today because I really wanted to use it and I'm worried I can't find another one- I am hoping as I use it, it will dissipate. Do your non-stinky discos have a leather smell?

Both my red and black have lovely leather smell. One is from Saks and the other from Gucci outlet in Texas.
I don't blame you for not liking the chemical smell. I would not have kept mine if they reeked of chemicals.

Hi!
I bought a rose beige disco (Gucci store) back in October and it had the funny smell as well! However, it didn't matter to me as I really thought it would go away, plus it was not that strong.
I recently used it and the smell is pretty much gone! Now, it is a regular leather smell :smile:

I would not be worried at all!! :biggrin: