Stinky Soho Disco Bags (Rose Beige Disco)

brae

Aug 2, 2013
I ordered and recently received a Rose Beige Soho Disco from Gucci.com. I have seen around here that some people receive stinky sohos and mine is in fact one of them. It smells like... plastic-like with undertones of citrus at the end.

I am most likely returning it (I still want a Rose Beige Disco :crybaby:), but I am wondering if it's the whole batch that is stinky? Has anyone experienced a smell with a different color than Rose Beige?

I almost wonder if it's some kind of leather conditioner? The biggest bummer is that I don't smell any leather at all.

Can we have a collective thread about stinky sohos? Maybe we can figure this out.

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
Let's have this as a 'stinky Soho Disco' (only) thread.

No other talk of anything else to do with Soho Discos please or posts will deleted.

Havanese 28

May 4, 2014
Wheeling, WV
I ordered and recently received a Rose Beige Soho Disco from Gucci.com. I have seen around here that some people receive stinky sohos and mine is in fact one of them. It smells like... plastic-like with undertones of citrus at the end.

I am most likely returning it (I still want a Rose Beige Disco :crybaby:), but I am wondering if it's the whole batch that is stinky? Has anyone experienced a smell with a different color than Rose Beige?

I almost wonder if it's some kind of leather conditioner? The biggest bummer is that I don't smell any leather at all.

Can we have a collective thread about stinky sohos? Maybe we can figure this out.
I received mine yesterday, though the color is described as Camilla on Saks site. It is indeed a rose Beige and was sent to me from my SA at Gucci located in Saks. There is no unusual smell of any kind.

Reactions: papertiger

chpvtt

Aug 15, 2015
I've had mines since December (Black) and don't recall any stinky/plastic-y smell to it. I do recall other posters saying they had this issue though.

Try your luck finding another one? It might be just a bad batch, but if it doesn't really bother you, I'm sure the smell will go away in due time.

Reactions: papertiger

brae

Aug 2, 2013
Thanks for your replies... I cut the tag off today because I really wanted to use it and I'm worried I can't find another one- I am hoping as I use it, it will dissipate. Do your non-stinky discos have a leather smell?

chloebagfreak

Need Sunny Days
O.G.
Jul 4, 2007
Gorgeous California!
Both my red and black have lovely leather smell. One is from Saks and the other from Gucci outlet in Texas.
I don't blame you for not liking the chemical smell. I would not have kept mine if they reeked of chemicals.

Elizz

Oct 15, 2015
Canada
Hi!
I bought a rose beige disco (Gucci store) back in October and it had the funny smell as well! However, it didn't matter to me as I really thought it would go away, plus it was not that strong.
I recently used it and the smell is pretty much gone! Now, it is a regular leather smell :smile:

I would not be worried at all!! :biggrin: