Stinky LV metis and what dehumidifier did to it

My metis is stinky bad and i tried to put silica gel but wasnt working enough. I went to purchase dehumidifier from Tesco and after 1 and a half day this happened. I was surprised. I rarely use the bag though. Anyone has experienced this? Can bag spa solve the stink problem?

IMG_20200917_194534.jpg

This so far how the dehumidifiers are looking like. 1 has almost turned into gel. The other 1 50% turned into gel... After storing it in the bag for 3 days. The smell is almost gone. Before this, i put the bag in my new built-in wardrobe and i think it caused the smell due to lack of air. Now i wear the bag everyday and it helps to lessen the odour. I hardly smell any bad odour now.

I will continue purchasing the new dehumidifier and will carry it in the bag.

Before this ive tried baking soda and silica gel but it didn't work. Glad i finally found the one product that works.

IMG_20200922_092548.jpg

Reactions: bagsamplified
Hi I’m having the same problem with my pochette Métis purchased in 2019. It was stored away for a while and now when I took it out I noticed a stinky wet feet smell every time I open the bag . Anyone brought it to the store to their Sa?

Hi I’m having the same problem with my pochette Métis purchased in 2019. It was stored away for a while and now when I took it out I noticed a stinky wet feet smell every time I open the bag . Anyone brought it to the store to their Sa?
I had the same hiccup with my revers Métis! I really tried everything from dehumidifiers to baking soda… even keeping the bag outside in a safe place of course… nothing seemed to work until I used Downy Unstoppables Laundry Beads… I put tons of beads in cotton handkerchiefs and placed them
inside the bag and inside a cotton pillow case where I was storing the bag… I don’t know how but it worked!

Reactions: Miletmilet
Did you try charcoal odor packs? I’ve had success with them. Try using as many as you can fit inside the bag, then put the Metis in a plastic bag filled with more charcoal packs, then close the plastic bag.

I was able to get perfume odor out of a bag that way. Took a week or so.

Can’t believe this hasn’t been recalled. It seems like it’s a a common problem. I actually repurchased this reverse bag after my first pochette Métis had the glazing issue. But that bag never smelled.

I got mine in second half of 2018. I've been using it very frequently, and I don't store it, it's just sitting there in my closet for easy access. So far no problem.

When the weather is nice, try opening the bag and air it out in your backyard or something. Fresh air and sunshine. Try that.