Stimulus

Staci_W

Apr 19, 2013
Where the grass is greener
Did anyone do anything fun with their stimulus money? I had to put mine into savings. My son was in the hospital at the beginning of the year so I know I've got medical debt coming. Not very fun. Perhaps I can live vicariously through others.

If we end up getting a second stimulus, I'm going to replace my bathroom vanity and add a bathroom cabinet. I don't have any place to store towels in my bathroom right now.

Ms.Dixie

Feb 26, 2019
USA!
I didn't get a check but my daughter who is in the marine corps did. She donated it. I suggested that she save it because she may need it later. She said more people needed worse than she did. The military do not get rich doing what they're doing so I'm proud of her for budgeting and not hurting for money and I'm proud of her for thinking of others. She's seen so much in her deployments that I have to respect her choice to give it up and not save it for a rainy day. She's deployed overseas but she has a special place for struggling moms and donated it to a women's shelter in our adopted home town. I'm very proud of her. A friend of mine used hers to put towards a new roof. She was due after many years of putting it off so I'm thankful that's one less thing she has to worry about. Nothing fun but it tickles the heart :smile:

LemonDrop

I think I’m loving Fendi
O.G.
Jul 5, 2007
USA
I saved mine. I am afraid of layoffs at my company on Oct 1. I will save my next one too. But one day if I ever feel safe and feel that I can be absolutely frivolous :lol: I might buy some Chanel or Dior sunnies something that says, "Look at that fabulous woman! Possibly the reincarnation of Jackie Ohhh!!" :P

Apr 15, 2007
I didn't get a check but my daughter who is in the marine corps did. She donated it. I suggested that she save it because she may need it later. She said more people needed worse than she did. The military do not get rich doing what they're doing so I'm proud of her for budgeting and not hurting for money and I'm proud of her for thinking of others. She's seen so much in her deployments that I have to respect her choice to give it up and not save it for a rainy day. She's deployed overseas but she has a special place for struggling moms and donated it to a women's shelter in our adopted home town. I'm very proud of her. A friend of mine used hers to put towards a new roof. She was due after many years of putting it off so I'm thankful that's one less thing she has to worry about. Nothing fun but it tickles the heart :smile:
You have raised a very special daughter. For her to do this is beyond generous& reflects well of her upbringing.

Winter’sJoy

Feb 18, 2019
I don’t think you are going to get a lot of posts in this thread. There was thread title “Should I buy a LV Bag with my Stimulus” or something like that and many of the comments were very snarky although the poster seemed very responsible, took care of her bills and household along with her husband, had savings and was not in dire need of the money, which would have been extra for her.

Reactions: Graw